Company: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Job ID: 277867 Coding/Billing Specialist Saginaw, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Coding/Billing Specialist City, State: Saginaw,MI Location: St Mary's of Michigan-MedArtsI Department: Plastics Additional Job Details: FT Days 80 Hours Bi-Weekly About Us Based in Saginaw, St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties. Job Description Job Summary: The Coding/Billing Specialist applies the appropriate diagnostic and procedural code to patient health records for purposes of document retrieval, analysis and claim processing. Responsibilities:
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, creating Ambulatory Patient Classification (APC) or Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) assignments.
- Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined per coding policy.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Customer Service: Consistently exhibit value based behavior. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidence of patients, co-workers and guests.
- Prepares, completes and transmits claims for commercial insurance companies, third party organizations and/or government or self payers. Ensures proper adequate and timely billing to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintains detailed documentation in the patient account record of all billing activities and claims processed as through claims reconciliation process, Consults with appropriate personnel to resolve unbilled claims. Reviews recent accounts for proper billing practices and reimbursement.
- High Reliability: Adopt behaviors and techniques to prevent, detect and correct errors to eliminate harm to patients. Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Specialist Coder. Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required Graduate of Health Information Technology or Health Information Administration program or certified professional coder desired and Medical health insurance billing experience with insurance follow-up required. Equal Employment Opportunity SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Coding/Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!