Mechatronics Product Applications Engineer
Company: Means Industries.
Posted on: February 6, 2020
Job Description About you: Are you someone who enjoys autonomy,
being judged on delivering your results your way, and where you
have elements of individual challenge driving the overall result?
Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment
with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day,
then this may be the positon made for you. What you'll do:
- Designs, develops and improves new innovative and existing
mechatronics systems in conformance to customer
- Design and/or direct CAD Operators in the design of new
- Analyze design concepts for fit, function, manufacturability
and ease of assembly.
- Direct CAE operators to complete complex analyses for
development projects. Complete backup calculations to insure
correct CAE results.
- Coordinate engineering activities between the Customer, Product
Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing and the
- Coordinates the fabrication of prototypes
- Directs fabrication, conducts build and directs testing of
- Prepare preliminary engineering cost studies.
- Helps prepare marketing and competitor analysis studies to aid
in strategic planning and capital programs. What we're looking for:
- A dedicated person who has earned their Bachelor's degree in
Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering. In addition you
must have a minimum of 3+ years in an Electrical and or Mechanical,
or Mechatronic Engineering field. Applicable Co-op experience can
count. It is preferred that you have Powertrain knowledge.
- A leader who is a strong communicator who builds teams across
multiple facets of the organization and outside of the
- Knowledge of Arduino and Spice, Matlab/Simulink or equivalent,
GD&T, stack analysis techniques and Mathcad or Matlab to
complete complex analysis calculations.
- Extensive knowledge of materials and heat treat processes
- Someone who has detailed knowledge of fully characterized
electromechanical actuation systems such as solenoids, DC motors,
electromagnetic, and sensors (Hall, inductive)
- Knowledge of PCB assembly and testing.
- Detailed knowledge of over molding, coil winding, soldering,
crimping, potting, mechanical properties of magnets, thermal
effects on actuators and PCB's, and electromagnetic
- Detailed knowledge of spring design (compression, torsional,
belleville, and wave), bearings, bushings, threaded connections,
retaining devices, such as snap rings, and spline and gearing
- Knowledge of how to design for the following processes:
casting, powdered metal forming, and stamping/forming and forging.
Who we are: Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a
Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational
propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means
continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business
units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our
passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain
committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions
for our global customers. For more information about our company
and to apply to this position, please visit our website (). Means
is a division of Amsted Industries (), one of the world's largest
transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted
specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle,
automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is
one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the
United States. Means supports and cultivates creativity through a
collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing
innovation at all levels of the company, Means' desire for progress
and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative
technologies within the automotive industry. With a high level
focus on people development, you can grow and develop through
diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means
is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where
employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee
owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the
business and be part of its success (US Only). Means offers a
comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision,
401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with
contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status. No agencies.
Keywords: Means Industries., Saginaw , Mechatronics Product Applications Engineer, Engineering , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!