Senior Controls Engineer
Company: Feyen Zylstra
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical
Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business
through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative
problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural
health is central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI
with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI;
and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ's 550+ employees are focused on the most
complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and
Southeastern United States. Candidate's main responsibilities
include, but are not limited to technical accuracy for designs,
performance to budget and schedule, relationship development, and
leadership internal to FZ. This position reports directly to the
Industrial Controls & Automation Group Leader and Account Manager.
They will be regularly interfacing with our customers, supplies,
and vendors.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Work on a single project with the oversight of Lead Controls
Engineer/ Account Manager; guide lower level engineers in
- Perform as a technical lead for assigned projects.
- Develop controls hardware design using AutoCAD Electric; lead
others in completion of electrical design.
- Develop software design using Supplier software (such as
Rockwell 5000, Siemens TIA).
- Educate / mentor level 1 engineers to develop future
- Application of the NEC, NFPA 79, UL, and OSHA standards related
to project subject matter.
- Strict adherence to both client and department established
procedures and workflows.
- Work with Group Leader / Account Manager to maintain team
members, roles and responsibilities, and goals at the onset of
- Act as the point of contact between the Senior Engineer and
internal resources executing the customer's work.
- Effectively communicate project requirements, status, and
changes to the engineering team.
- Maintain a record of project progress compared to plan.
Effectively communicate issues with Senior Engineer. Key
- 7+ years of related experience in Instrumentation and
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering Technology or related (Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of systems integration experience, preferably in
high-level controls engineering role is required. Knowledge &
- Proficient in at least 3 of the widely-used control system
platforms, including current and legacy Rockwell systems, Siemens
and Schneider are a plus.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% throughout the
- Proficient with vision integration i.e. Cognex, Keyence
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Rational decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to develop contractor installation drawing packages
using P&IDs, instrument, IO, and load lists as a basis of
- Perform electrical load calculations, specify required control
devices and circuit protection, develop equipment specifications
for the procurement of instrumentation and control systems using
best engineering practices.
- SQL experience, Factory Talk, PanelView HMI, TP HMI, Rockwell
PLCs, and Siemens PLCs competencies are preferred. Successful
leaders at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results,
and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our leaders
are data-driven, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to
the success of those around them. If you have passion for your
work, a history of engaging others, and the ability to move things
forward we want to learn more about you.We offer generous benefits,
competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development,
the opportunity for growth, a safe work environment, and the chance
to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates
are required to pass a drug screen and physical. FZ is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected
classes. For more information on FZ, please visit
Keywords: Feyen Zylstra, Saginaw , Senior Controls Engineer, Engineering , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!