Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: June 12, 2019
CONTROLS ENGINEER - Saginaw, MI Area
Our client in the greater Saginaw, MI area, a manufacturer of
automotive parts, has an immediate opening on their team for a
full-time, direct hire Controls Engineer. In this role, this person
would be primarily responsible for providing controls and
electrical engineering support to our clients' Design & Test Lab.
They will design, develop, install, manage, and maintain equipment
used for monitoring & testing of prototypes & related products.
They will be required to write, create, and modify programs to
automate test stands and related equipment. Qualified and
interested parties are invited to apply today!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Select, specify, support, and design the installation of
control element devices to manipulate flows, energy, positions,
speeds, and other variables which include pneumatics, servos,
variable frequency drives (VFD), relays, communication networks,
touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Setup new equipment, ensure satisfactory operation of that
equipment and instruct others on the proper operating
- Review, repair and redesign legacy code.
- Design and install wiring to reliably communicate information
between measurement and control element devices and control
- Responsible for the installation and technical support of data
acquisition hardware and software.
- Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) or Graphical User
Interface (GUI) to meet functional requirements.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
are observed for all work completed.
- Create documentation such as user manuals, programming
diagrams, bill of materials, network diagrams, and electrical
- Stays informed concerning new control technology and equipment,
investigates potential applications where new technology may
improve our equipment capabilities.
Required Attributes, Education, Experience, & Technical Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related Technical
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrical Controls / Automation
Engineer with a focus in design, prototyping, & testing.
- *****Exp. with PC-based PLC systems, specifically Beckhoff
TwinCAT3, is highly desired*****
- Exp. with data acquisition and organizing/interpreting data
- Experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix500, RSLogix 5000,
- Exp. with IEC-61131 Programming languages is required: Ladder
Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Sequential Function
Chart (SFC), Instruction List (IL), and Structured Text (ST).
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Familiar with Industry Electrical Standards, Vision Systems
(e.g. Cognex, Keyence), and various Motion Controllers/Actuators,
MS Visual Studio, TwinCAT3, Factory Talk View, Panel builder, RMC
Our client offers opportunity for advancement, competitive
compensation, outstanding benefits, and a host of other lucrative
perks and offerings. Qualified and interested persons are
encouraged to apply today!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting
edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world
have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And
engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and
professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or
prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Saginaw , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!