Software Engineering Program Manager (2019)
Posted on: May 13, 2019
We are looking for proactive candidates with a strong embedded
system project management background. The candidate must be able to
build a strong project management team, define global project
management processes and procedures, and guide the team of project
managers to effectively plan, execute, monitor, and control
multiple Electronic Power Steering embedded system development
projects. PMP certification is an added advantage.Job Description:
- Responsible for leading project management activities across
all functional areas in the systems and electronic systems
- Implement continuous improvement of project management maturity
and capability within the organization. Includes adherence to
ASPICE and other relevant standards.
- Build the Systems and Electronic Systems project management
team to successfully plan, execute, monitor, and control multiple
Electronic Power Steering embedded system development
- Serve as the primary electrical systems project management
interface to internal and external customers for all project
- Set priorities and resolve conflicts across multiple projects
and functional teams.
- Identify solutions to effectively manage global projects to
meet organizational commitments and objectives.
- Define project goals and guidelines/ metrics and implement
Quantitative Project Management to measure project
- Manage, track, and optimize human resource utilization across
- Plan, organize, and present management reviews and status
dashboards for projects.
- Lead decision analysis resolution to mitigate project and
- Forecast project workloads, activities, and risks.
- Manages risks across all projects to meet organizational
commitments. Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of embedded system development
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Management and/or Leadership
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent understanding of project management concepts,
methodologies, and associated tools.
- Experience leading embedded system projects through the
development cycle to a successful conclusion.
- Strong project planning and tracking capability using Microsoft
Project & PLM tools.
- Good understanding of various estimation techniques and
methodologies such as Parametric, Wideband Delphi, MVC, COCOMO
- Strong risk and issues management, causal analysis, and
decision analysis/resolution capability.
- Able to efficiently interface with cross functional teams and
customers to successfully negotiate and meet project
- Excellent knowledge of various software development lifecycles,
models, and methodologies.
- Very good understanding of embedded system quality assurance
and associated tools.
- Very good understanding of project configuration tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word,
- Positive & proactive attitude with excellent leadership
qualities and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication (written / oral) and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently
resolve team conflicts & roadblocks.Preferred:
- Project management experience of distributed global teams.
- Experience with automotive embedded systems, especially
Electronic Power Steering.
- System Integration and Production Coordination experience.
- Experience with Automotive SPICE and/or CMMI Level 3
- Experience with ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its
impact on software development.
- Experience with formal software change management and
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools (e. g.
- Familiarity with formal requirements management tools (e. g.
- Familiarity with 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontrollers and
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and static analysis tools such
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN,
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology.
- Familiarity with the AUTOSAR standard.
- Familiarity with Model Based Development using tools such as
Matlab / Simulink.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design, development, and
- Familiarity with electromechanical systems.Education:Bachelor -
Electrical Engineer/Computer Engineer (Required)Master - Electrical
Engineer/ Computer Engineer (Preferred)PMP certification
(Preferred)Equal Opportunity Employer
Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/WomenVEVRAA Federal ContractorNexteer
is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system
operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employees to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
States.Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need
a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due
to a disability please call. Please provide your contact
information and details about the posted position of interest. Only
inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation
with the online application process due to a disability will be
Keywords: Nexteer, Saginaw , Software Engineering Program Manager (2019), Executive , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!