Cardiovascular Care Night Shift Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: March 24, 2020
We Are Hiring
Cardiovascular Care Night Shift Nurse Practitioner/Physician
Ascension St. Mary's is seeking a night shift advanced practice
practitioner to join our cardiovascular care team. In collaboration
with the on-call physician, prepares and records patient history,
develops and implements a plan of care, participates in daily
rounds on assigned patients and new consults along with
documentation of the pertinent symptoms, findings, diagnoses and
care plans. Utilizes Sunrise and EPIC EHR for order entry and
* All nights. 7pm-7am
* Full time, 12-hour shifts
* Some weekend and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are
entering a community where physician engagement and experience is
recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management
platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management
services and some of the most current and clinician-friendly EHRs
on the market.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers benefit from significant
professional opportunities, career advancement, training and
What You Will Do
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and performs patient assessments, H & P's, necessary
testing, follow-up care, consults and discharge planning.
* Performs and dictates complete medical history and physical
examinations on all assigned patients and new consults.
* Prepares and documents discharge summaries and participates in
medication reconciliation and discharge planning.
* Prepares and initiates pre and post-operative orders in
consultation with the On-Call cardiologist.
* Participates in daily rounds on all patients.
* Assess and analyzes data trends i.e.: LOS, current research and
national benchmarks to determine opportunities for clinical
* Assumes responsibility for professional growth by attending
continuing education conferences, procedure and device in services
and unit educational offerings.
* Promotes and maintains a professional relationship with
physicians, patients, family members, and other staff members.
What You Will Need
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience
* Graduate of an accredited school of Physician Assistant/MSN
program or other Master of Science degree in a health-related field
including six (6) to twelve (12) months of clinical internship.
* Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with a
minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing, including six (6) to
twelve (12) months of clinical internship.
B. Licensure / Certification:
* Must hold minimum licensure and in "good standing" in one of the
following in the State of Michigan:
* Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
* If Physician Assistant, must hold certification from the National
Commission of Certification.
* Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
C. Special Skill / Aptitudes:
* Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order
to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel,
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with
patients, family members and the healthcare team.
* Has the ability to utilize computers and work effectively with
the Electronic Health Record.
* Ability to work independently. Demonstrates initiative and
* Experience caring for cardiovascular patients (ICU, CCU, Cath
* Ability to work independently and perform effectively in
stressful and/or emergent situations.
* Analytical ability to monitor data, develop treatment plans and
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all
associates and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected
status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but
not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Saginaw , Cardiovascular Care Night Shift Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!