Massage Therapist - MFB @ Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Job Title: Massage Therapist Job Code: 1479
Department/Program: PM & R
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Massage therapist demonstrates excellent customer service
performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times
consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and
Values of Covenant and the commitment to Keeping our Promise of
Caring. Are responsible to provide a full range of therapeutic
massage services including: assessment, treatment planning, &
discharge according to the principles and practices of Massage
* Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
* Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
* Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small
* Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers
can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients,
staff and community.
* A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates excellent customer service. Greets & services
patients and family in a courteous, professional manner. Ensures
that customer needs are addressed and expectations are met and/or
* Contributes to organization success targets from patient
satisfactions, quality outcomes and net operating margin.
* Assures patient/therapist/physician communications are accurate
* Assist patient/family/physician with questions or concerns as it
relates to coordination of care and progress.
* Provides Massage services to patients/clients using safe,
appropriate and effective techniques
* Performs appropriated documentation: history, assessment,
precautions/contradictions to treatment prior to each session
according to established guidelines.
* Explains procedures and applies appropriate techniques to
patient/client needs and preferences.
* Observes patient/client response to treatment and adjusts as
* Responsible of maintaining a schedule and assists with collection
* Maintains confidentiality with information in the appropriate
manner. Reports any unusual interactions to manager
* Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and
accountability for own professional practice. Seeks validation of
knowledge base, skill level, decision making as necessary and
assertively seeks guidance in area of question.
* Provides leadership, direction, encouragement, and feedback on
exemplary and unacceptable performance of peers.
* Maintains professional standards by actively participating in
continuing education activities, quality management activities,
in-services related to area of practice and age(s) of patient
* Adheres to budgetary practices.
* Attends/participates in departmental meetings/communications.
* Provides leadership as delegated to include expediting patient
scheduling, participation in staff selection, contributes to peer
performance evaluations, problem solves operational issues and
formulates recovery strategies.
* Actively participates in orientation, supervision, training and
evaluation of students and other staff.
* Displays high regard for personal dignity, diversity and
uniqueness of individuals (Cultural/Religious Sensitivity;
Confidentiality; Privacy; Age specific Needs).
* Remains flexible for patient care and program needs.
* Seeks opportunities to support other members of the team when
patient care volumes allow.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
* Formulates effective working relationships and communication with
all staff, patients, families and others via written and/or verbal
* Demonstrates awareness and sensitively to patient/significant
other rights, as identified within the organization. Functions with
an awareness and application of safety as identified within the
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care, department function and strives to manage situations in a
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate emergency responses
and the ability to remain calm.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with
organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes
teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely
and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes
patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in
departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* High school graduate.
* Graduate of Massage Therapy Program.
* Current licensure in the State of Michigan.
* BLS certified or eligible.
* Preferred PM&R - therapy clinic experience in related
* Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and business
operations and how they interrelate to other departments in the
* Knowledge of hospital and/or medical billing rules and insurance
claim filing, insurance and/or account follow-up.
* Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology.
* Minimal typing skills of 40 words/ minute. Working knowledge and
basic skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
* Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, as
well as in small or large teams.
* Protects and maintains the confidential nature of
Reporting Relationship: PM & R Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees in this
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Saginaw , Massage Therapist - MFB @ Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!