Registered Nurse - RN - Behavioral Medicine Center NEW
Company: HealthSource Saginaw Inc
Posted on: January 7, 2021
WE'VE EXPANDED and are looking for Registered Nurses
about the work they do and who enjoy working in a fast-paced,
environment. As a HealthSource Saginaw employee you will become
part of our team of outstanding people working together to
the physical and emotional health of the lives we touch each and
Registered Nurses perform the full range of nursing assignments in
a Behavioral Health setting.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- State of Michigan Registered Nurse License
- High level of nursing judgement and critical thinking
- Manage a comprehensive team of Mental Health Technicians to
provide safe and efficient behavioral health care
- Ability to communicate professionally and empathetically to
patients and/or their family
- Sign-on Bonus; 10k day shift/12k night shift/3k
- Shift and Holiday premiums
- Paid time off
- Public Loan Student Forgiveness (PLSF) qualifying
- Career Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Health (including prescription coverage), Vision, Dental,
Defined Contribution with up to 7% employer match, HRA, FSA, STD,
LTD and several supplemental benefits to choose from our menu
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time/Casual
Patient Population: Psychiatric - Child/Adolescent, Adult,
Charge Position: Inquire about our Charge Nurse position(s) for an
Shift: Days and Nights available (12 hour shifts)
Salary: $26.43 - $36.27/hour with annual contract increases
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and holding a
current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Work requires general orientation and unit orientation to
acquire familiarity and knowledge with facility and unit policy and
procedures and resident care standards.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively communicate
families and/or significant others, physicians and other facility
- Must possess analytical skills and sound nursing knowledge for
the effective formulation of resident care plans, implementation,
monitoring and evaluation of appropriateness of care and
documentation of pertinent information regarding resident's
- The nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the residents
served by HealthSource Saginaw. Must demonstrate knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and possess
the ability to assess data reflective of the resident's status and
interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each
resident's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and
to provide the care needed as described in the unit/department's
policies and procedures.
- Approved CPR Certification
- Assesses resident's condition on admission and on an ongoing
basis based on observation and/or interview of resident and/or
family, physician's diagnosis, laboratory findings and any other
pertinent information and uses professional judgement to prepare a
measurable, attainable, reasonable, specific and individualized
plan of care for the residents.
- Participates in resident care conferences for planning,
implementing and evaluating resident care and updates care plans to
facility policy and procedure or resident's condition
- Provides professional nursing care including the administration
of medications, starting and monitoring IV's and performing the
more complex as well as routine treatments as prescribed by a
physician or as indicated by resident's condition.
- Uses professional judgment regarding appropriateness of care
given the present condition of the resident. Modifies treatments
and/or contacts physician depending on the circumstances.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team in
planning, evaluating and revising the resident's plan of care.
Directs other nursing personnel in the implementation of that care
plan. Evaluates quality of care provided and provides guidance and
- Makes regular rounds of assigned residents independently and/or
with Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse, Supervisor and/or physician,
observes and evaluates patient's symptoms, progress and reaction to
treatments and medications. Recognizes common alterations in
resident's physiological and psychological status and initiates
appropriate action to provide safe therapeutic approaches.
- Completes necessary documentation and reports to Nurse Manager,
Charge Nurse or physician all pertinent observations related to
resident care, meds given, treatments administered and so
- Responsible for the resident/family teaching and/or significant
others regarding the resident care plan. Explains home care methods
and instructions necessary for continuing resident and
rehabilitation following discharge.
- Assists in orienting and training new personnel to the unit and
serves as a resource person for other facility personnel and
- Communicates with other facility departments as necessary to
resolve operational problems and to utilize their expertise in
planning and delivering quality of resident care by following
safety and infection control standards.
- Implements specific responsibilities as delegated by Nurse
Manager/Charge Nurse. May assume responsibility for some of the
Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse functions as assigned in their
- Serves on committees and attends staff meetings. Attends all
mandatory inservices and maintains and enhances own personal and
professional growth and development.
- Will support and participate in the Performance Improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices Standard Precautions, utilizing hand washing and
barrier use when there is risk of contact with blood, body fluid,
mucous membrane or non-intact skin. Provides barrier for self when
there is evidence of non-intact skin on hands.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Compliance with mandatory overtime required when
Keywords: HealthSource Saginaw Inc, Saginaw , Registered Nurse - RN - Behavioral Medicine Center NEW, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!