Physical Therapy Assistant - Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Job Title: Physical Therapist AssistantDepartment/Program: Mary
Free Bed @ Covenant - Acute(7:00am-6pm at least 3 days per week-
weekends will be required)Mission StatementRestoring hope and
freedom through rehabilitation.Employment Value Proposition
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that co-workers can be
trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our Commitment to providing
an inclusive environment for patients, families, staff, and
community.Essential Job Responsibilities:Each job responsibility is
related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The responsibility is
identified to a pillar by the following letters: Q (Quality), S
(Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
- Provides patient care. (Q)
- Assists the physical therapist in treatment planning and
conducting evaluation procedures.
- Assists the physical therapist in treating patients utilizing
modalities, therapeutic exercise, assistive devices, and functional
- Provides verbal and/or written feedback to the physical
therapist regarding all significant observations or changes in the
patient's condition, reaction, and response to treatment.
- Assists the physical therapist in determining equipment and
supply needs and may participate in the acquisition and inventory
of these items.
- Functions as primary therapist in treatment of patient
following evaluation and direction of physical therapist
- Document's patient's status and progress according to
established internal/external time standards and adherence to
reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
- Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy
treatment with all aspects of patient care. (Q, S)
- Participates in conferences/discussions and exchange of written
records with other interdisciplinary team members as directed by
the physical therapist to integrate physical therapy treatment
- Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy
procedures as part of providing patient and family education
including written instructions as necessary.
- Participates in various meetings and in-services as designated.
- Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not
limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
- Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
- Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross
training) within the Mary Free Bed system as requested. (F, S)
- Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
- Functions as patient advocate. (S)
- Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware
required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
- Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working
with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (S)Other Job
- Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapist assistant
students. Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students and
volunteers. Communicates with participating universities regarding
skill levels of students. (S, P, G)
- Functions as a resource person in area of expertise. (S, G)
- Participates in program development and/or research activities
as assigned. (Q, G)
- Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q, P)
- Assists in maintaining clean and orderly treatment areas.
(S)Commitment to Diversity, Equity and InclusionEmbrace Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, togetherResponsibilities in Quality
Improvement:Contributes by identifying problems and seeking
solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible;
participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer
service.Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant
- Licensure with the State of Michigan.
- Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet
- Physical Demands: The physical ability to lift, position, and
transport patients; to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel,
twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb; ability to
hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision); ability to
frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of
75 pounds; ability to frequently push, pull, or carry weight
anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving
equipment; ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10
pounds of force constantly.Reporting Relationship:Program
ManagerThe above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees in this
classification. If you require a reasonable accommodation to
perform the essential functions of this position, you must request
accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should
know of the need for accommodation.
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Saginaw , Physical Therapy Assistant - Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!