Rehab Tech - Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Per Diem: must be available Wednesdays-7:30am to 6:00pm and
other days as needed.We have the great privilege of helping
patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily
meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and
anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a
culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our
hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve
them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and
leadership, to clinicians and care providers.Mary Free Bed is a
not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital
serving thousands of children and adults each year through
inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and
prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most
comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive
focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and
therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the
state with access to our unique standard of care.Mary Free Bed at
Covenant HealthCare provides inpatient rehabilitation care for
patients in the Saginaw and surrounding regions. The Mary Free Bed
Rehab Tech working in this location has the opportunity to receive
support from both organizations, and is expected to follow all
applicable policies and procedures that apply to our work.Mission
StatementMary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through
Rehabilitation.Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every
GenerationDiversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.Summary:
Assists therapists and therapy assistants in preparation and
treatment of patients receiving therapy services. Performs routine
tasks as assigned by therapists and therapy assistants.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her
co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our
family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
- Provides patient care as requested by therapist:
- Transports and transfers patients, observing safety precautions
and good body mechanics.
- Following competency testing, applies therapeutic modalities,
as assigned by the therapist.
- Carries out specific treatment activities under
direction/supervision of primary therapist or assistant.
- Monitors patient response to treatments, provides
written/verbal feedback to therapist and therapy assistants, and/or
documents in medical record with therapist review/signature.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work place:
- Acquires and replaces equipment and supplies in proper place
- Cleans and maintains equipment according to department
infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintains storage and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains adequate clean linen supply and changes linen in
accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains treatment areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining charts, filing and retrieving records as
- Functions as patient advocate and maintains patient
- May order and maintain inventory as assigned.
- May supervise volunteers/support staff as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated communication, grammar, organizational, problem
- Physical Demands: Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and
hear; to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work; to
frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling
position while performing patient care; to be independently mobile,
with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as
positioning and transferring of patients and equipment; must be
able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25
pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10
pounds of force constantly to move objects
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Location: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital - MFB @ COV PT
Schedule: On-Call/Resource, Days, Wednesdays 7:30am to 6pm with
other days as needed
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Saginaw , Rehab Tech - Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!