Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Acute/ TCUSchedule: Monday to Friday at least 3 days per week
between 7am and 6pm- Weekends required.Assumes full responsibility
for evaluating patient's need for physical therapy. Plans and
executes individual treatment programs in accordance with the State
of Michigan licensure and PT scope of practice. Keeps treatment
skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based
research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in
accordance with the program's strategic objectives and goals to
carry out organizational strategic objectives.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her
co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our
family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride. Essential Job Responsibilities:Each job
responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The
responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters:
Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
- Provides patient care. (Q)
- Evaluates patient condition.
- Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and
family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment
team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and
patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment
plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the
stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to physical therapist
assistants and rehabilitation technicians as appropriate.
- Re-evaluates patient's status and effects of treatment. Revises
treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and
family as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's need for medical equipment and orders the
appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon
delivery and instructs patient, patient's family and health care
workers on its use.
- Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering
and communicating with patient, family, community support/services
and environmental limitations.
- Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware
required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
- Documents patient's status and progress through initial
evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to
established internal/external time standards and adherence to
reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
- Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy
treatment with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S) Participates in
conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of written records
with other interdisciplinary team members to integrate physical
therapy treatment plan. Instructs the patient and the family in
physical therapy procedures as part of providing patient and family
education including written instructions as necessary.
- Attends various meetings and in-services as designated.
- Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not
limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
- Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
- Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working
with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (Q,S,P)
- Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and InclusionEmbrace Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, togetherEssential Job
Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Graduate of Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy
- Licensure with the State of Michigan.
- Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet
- Physical Demands
- The physical ability to lift, position, and transport
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist,
crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
- The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable
- The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and
occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds.
- The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight
anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving
- The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally,
10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapy students.
Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students. Communicates
with participating universities regarding skill levels of students.
- Participates in program development and/or research activities
as assigned. (Q, G)
- Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q,
Reporting Relationship:Therapy Manager for MFB at Covenant
Inpatient Rehabilitation The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees in this classification. If you require a reasonable
accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position,
you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after
you know or should know of the need for accommodation.
Location: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital - MFB @ COV PT
Schedule: On-Call/Resource, Varies, Varies- must be available 3
days per week and also on weekends/ holidays
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Saginaw , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!