medical Assistant medical Express - State Street
Company: Covenant Healthcare
Posted on: May 12, 2022
FULL TIME BENEFITED
The Clinical/Clerical role appropriately cares for patients of all
ages; assists providers in procedures; accesses appropriate
reference/resource manuals as needed; accurately documents all
patient care interactions; performs assigned duties as scheduled
and meets deadlines. The position requires the collection of
patient data and appropriate communication of results; placing
patient needs as a priority; empathizing with patients; maintaining
strict confidentiality; remaining calm and composed in difficult
situations; prioritizing and organizing to optimize available
resources; adhering to policies and procedures and leading others
by example. Demonstrates excellent customer service performance in
that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with
the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of
Covenant HealthCare and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for
Triages patients and patient phone calls per Covenant HealthCare
policy and procedure.
Obtains reason for patient visit and takes appropriate vital signs.
Assists provider with procedures. Performs diagnostic procedures at
the direction of the provider and completes controls as required by
regulatory agencies. Coordinates x-rays, ultrasounds, labs, EKG's,
etc., per physician standing order. Maintains medical records and
clinical standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and
Covenant HealthCare policies/procedures.
Properly administers medications. Provides patient information
regarding drug interactions. Follows regulations regarding narcotic
storage and maintains medical inventory log. Assures medications
have not expired.
Assists patients in appropriate self-care techniques, providing
pamphlets and instructions. Addresses patient questions and
concerns following clinical protocols. Demonstrates awareness and
sensitivity to patient rights.
Under the guidance of the Practice Manager, assists in maintaining
all CLIA, OSHA, HFAP and Corporate Compliance regulations.
Functions with an awareness of safety issues. Demonstrates
awareness of confidentiality and legal issues in all aspects of
patient care. Meets or exceeds all competency requirement
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a competency-based Medical Assistant
(MA) training program required.
- In lieu of a MA program, a minimum of two (2) years recent
physician office and/or direct care patient provider experience
will be accepted.
- BCLS certification required (within 6 months of hire).
- Knowledge of medication side effects and how to effectively
communicate to patients.
- Knowledge of proper "release of information" standards.
Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer/typing skills
- Ability to properly obtain/perform the following:
- TB testing
- Waived lab testing
- Vision testing
- Vital signs
- A.E.D use (Auto Ext. Defibrillator)
- BCLS (CPR)
- Venipuncture technique o Specimen collections
- Patient education
- Ability to properly administer medications, including proper
dosage, proper site and proper schedule.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful/difficult
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Constant handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting, smelling
and near vision.
- Frequent lifting 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, depth
perception and field of vision
- Occasional lifting 26-100 or more lbs.
- Occasional sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling and far
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a
latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities.
Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an
applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on
Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be
an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Keywords: Covenant Healthcare, Saginaw , medical Assistant medical Express - State Street, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!