Company: Pediatrix Medical Group
Posted on: August 1, 2022
GREAT LAKES, BAY REGION
Excellent opportunity for a full-time neonatologist to join a
practice that emphasizes a team approach!
Pediatrix - Medical Group is offering an exciting career
opportunity for a fifth full-time neonatologist to join our team at
Covenant Medical Center in Saginaw, Michigan. Our highly
specialized neonatologists emphasize a team approach to neonatal
care that covers 17 counties in mid-Michigan. All
board-certified/eligible neonatologists, including experienced
providers, newly graduated fellows are encouraged to apply!
About the opportunity
The 54-bed, Level-III NICU cares for approximately 35-40 patients a
day and is supported by a broad range of pediatric subspecialists.
In this role, the neonatologist will primarily:
- Assess critically ill neonates and administer comprehensive
patient care using HFV, nitric oxide and whole-body
- Attend occasional high-risk deliveries, which are generally
attended by neonatal nurse practitioners (NNPs).
- Participation with pediatric residency programs with teaching
and research opportunities
- Multiple lovely communities, and great schools, all within
driving distance of Saginaw
- Stipend opportunity available for first, second and third year
fellows. Inquire for additional details.
About the offer: Sign-on bonus and more!
In addition to a generous salary and an attractive benefits package
that can be tailored to your individual needs, this leadership
- A sign-on and retention program.
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Continuing education accreditation.
- Long-term employment with growth opportunities.
- Access to research, quality-improvement, and safety
About the team
- A nurse-led transport team provides coverage to multiple
level-I and level-II hospitals in the region.
- An in-house NNP provides 24-hour coverage, with an on-call
neonatologist on standby.
- A dedicated core group of respiratory therapists is available
- Clinicians also care for approximately 60% of the patients in
the well-baby nursery.
- Neonatologists enjoy a block schedule allowing for work life
- Compassionate family centered group of providers
Additionally, academic affiliation to Central Michigan University
is offered to all neonatologists.
A cornerstone of Michigan's Great Lakes Bay Region and the
birthplace of legendary singer Stevie Wonder and tennis pro and
four-time Olympic gold medalist Serena Williams, Saginaw is
approximately 90 minutes from Detroit. The area is home to a vast
system of waterways and woodlands, as well as a wealth of nature
preserves, trails and facilities that support a love for green
spaces while also inspiring active lifestyles. The Bay Area is home
to several universities, excellent schools and The Dow Chemical
Company. The area also features recreational activities, including
Dow Gardens, Dow Event Center and minor-league hockey and baseball.
Saginaw offers a rich and diverse culture. One of the gems of this
bustling town is the riverfront district, which offers many
activities, places to live and educational opportunities. It's no
wonder Saginaw is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a
If you're an experienced neonatologist or newly graduated neonatal
fellow, we'd like to visit with you!
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees
and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they
qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many
locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other
types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix -
Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers
of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children.
Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to
providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent
services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings
and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics,
maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18
pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and
urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care
is bolstered by investments in research, education,
quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams
including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders,
business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill
our mission to take great care of the patient -. We invite you to
join the Pediatrix - family and help shape the future of health
care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Pediatrix Medical Group, Saginaw , Neonatologist, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!