visiting Nurse Association (VNA) Pharmacist
Company: Covenant Healthcare
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Staff Pharmacist demonstrates excellent customer service
performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times
consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and
Values of VNA and Covenant and the commitment to Extraordinary Care
for Every Generation. The Staff Pharmacist compounds and dispenses
medications and pharmaceutical preparations according to authorized
prescriptions. Monitors work of technicians to ensure accuracy,
conformity and timeliness of order. Consults with nursing staff,
physicians, patients and the public regarding proper medication
usage, potential side effects and adverse drug reactions. Provides
pharmacy services to patients of all ages. Performs other duties as
- Demonstrates commitment to unsurpassed level of Customer
- Exhibits "Extraordinary Care for Every Generation" daily.
- Sort physicians' orders received from the intake department,
and enter new orders into the computer, using home infusion
specific computer software. Current software package is CPR+.
- Clarifies with the physician or nursing staff any questionable
or incomplete orders.
- Reviews all physician orders for completeness and accuracy
before entered intothe computer and drugs are dispensed.
- Maintain an accurate perpetual inventory of Class II controlled
substances within the pharmacy department.
- Responsible for checking of controlled substances filled by a
technician before delivery.
- Supervise the mixing of all intravenous admixtures, intravenous
piggybacks and TPN's, and irrigation solutions.
- Responsible for checking of all supplies before being delivered
and the repackaging and recertificationof Hospice Boxes.
- Responsible for keeping a want book updated to maintain
- Responsible for filling or checking all outpatient
prescriptions: Both Infusion patients and Hospice-Partners in
- Providing educational services to patients, nurses, physicians
and pharmacy technicians.
- Assist in Quality Assurance programs for the department.
- Provides dosing and management service for all home TPN
- Provides dosing service for all Pharmacy monitorable
medications. To wit: Vancomycin, all aminoglycosides, and any drug
requiring renal dosing.
- Provides dosing recommendations for pain control for all
- Contributes to organization success targets for patient
satisfaction and net operating margin.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy, with
a BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree.
- Experience with Home Infusion Pharmacy, Pharmacokinetic dosing,
Clinical management of TPN patients preferred.
- Must maintain a current Michigan License as a Registered
Pharmacist and a current controlled substance license.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, other staff
members, and patients using verbal and written English language
- Suitable dexterity to operate standard office equipment and
able to understand and work with a computer.
- Capability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Ability to make decisions in an appropriate manner through
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation to improve work
processes. Ability to handle issues and do problem solving in an
effective and timely fashion.
- Ability to consistently meet assigned deadlines for
- Ability to accept and adapt to change.
- Ability to work without supervision.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a
latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities.
Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an
applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on
Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be
an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Keywords: Covenant Healthcare, Saginaw , visiting Nurse Association (VNA) Pharmacist, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!