Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Part Time - Afternoons - Saginaw, MI
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Position DetailsTHIS PART TIME ROLE HAS A $2000 INCENTIVE BONUS
ALONG WITH A PAYRATE OF $17/hour . THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR
AFTERNOONS. Successful candidates must have completed a CNA
training program along with passing the State CNA exam. Samaritas
is a Michigan-based human service organization that connects people
with families and communities, empowers them to live their fullest
life possible, and creates a ripple effect of transformation. The
reference to the work of the Good Samaritan in our name is
especially fitting as it is consistent with our mission, values and
the services our faith-based company provides. APPLY TODAY!
#BeTheRock, creating ripples of positive transformation in the
lives of those we are entrusted to serve! For a Samaritas video
preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081
Click on the link for the latest edition of Samaritas "Our Hands"
electronic magazine: https://online.flipbuilder.com/vulb/azmk Job
Summary Provides residents with routine daily nursing care and
services in accordance with the resident's care plan, policies,
procedures and as directed by supervision. Duties and
- Assist and document residents in all activities of daily living
as needed for each individual resident assigned, e.g., vital signs,
weight, feeding, oral intake, bathing, grooming, mobility,
- Conduct shift rounds to observe residents and to ensure nursing
and restorative needs are being met. Communicate resident care
needs to the Charge Nurse and oncoming shift partners.
- Assist with providing resident centered care initiatives, e.g.
the fine dining experience.
- Safely lift and transfer residents using proper lift equipment
and safety devices.
- Transport residents to and from in-house and community
- Answer resident 'call lights' promptly and courteously.
- Assist assigned staff in resident admission, transfer and
- Report all changes in residents' condition to the charge nurse
as soon as possible.
- Administer resident treatments as requested by the restorative
nurse. Alert therapist, restorative nurse and other appropriate
staff of any potential hazards and/or contra-indications involved
in administering resident care. Provide relevant feedback and
follow up to members of therapy staff individually and in
conferences, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate resident
information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment
programs for residents.
- Maintain current knowledge of and administer non-complex active
and passive manual therapeutic exercises with residents; apply hot
and cold packs, braces and splints; take and record weights as
- Maintain current knowledge of and carry out bowel and bladder
program and restorative dining program.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist residents in learning and
improving functional activities, such as pre-ambulation, transfer,
ambulation and activities of daily living.
- Perform light housekeeping duties in residents' rooms, e.g.
clean spills, and make beds, secure residents' personal items. Job
Qualifications Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- State of Michigan Certified Nursing Assistant.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Experience
- Patient care experience in acute care, assisted living or long
term care preferred. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Possess and able to utilize current basic nursing skill and
knowledge to provide care to each resident assigned.
- Ability to display compassion and sensitivity with vulnerable
adults who may become angry, hostile or combative.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with
varying levels of cognitive and physical impairments.
- Ability and willingness to work constructively with individuals
from diverse cultural backgrounds. Ability to work interdependently
with co-workers, therapy staff, other departments, and families of
- Ability to maintain a helping role and intervenes with resident
care when appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage problems involving standardized
situations and circumstances.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide two digit
numbers. A dditional Work Requirements
- Ability to work off-shift schedules; evening, weekend and
holiday hours required to support resident care requirements.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Safely lifts and transfers person served weighing average of
150 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Pushes person in wheelchair weighing up to 250 pounds on a
frequent basis, often for long distances.
- Frequently stoops, twists, bends, squats and kneels.
- Lifts overhead.
- Frequently lifts supplies weighing 25 pounds.
- Frequently feels pulse rate and hears and reads blood
- Communicates orally and in writing with persons served,
coworkers, families, and public.
- Needs to see and hear persons served. Apply for this position
online Email this position to a friend Need help finding the right
job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Samaritas is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Requisition Number2022-8956Employee TypePart-TimeHours Per Pay
Period40ShiftAfternoonWork Hours2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.Weekends
and/or Holidays RequiredYesOn Call RequiredNoPosition
Keywords: Samaritas, Saginaw , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Part Time - Afternoons - Saginaw, MI, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!