Physician Office Billing Specialist - Riverfront Cardiovascular
Company: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job ID: 263795 Physician Office Billing Specialist - Riverfront Cardiovascular Saginaw, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Physician Office Billing Specialist City, State:-- Saginaw,MI Location:-- St Mary's of MI-Riverfront Department:---- Riverfront Cardiovascular Additional Job Details:----FT Days--80 Hours Bi-Weekly 8:00AM-4:30PM, Monday-Friday
-- About Us Based in Saginaw, St. Mary---s of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties. Job Description Job Summary: The Physician Office Billing Specialist prepares and issues bills for reimbursement to individual and third party payors in an out-patient or medical office environment. -- Responsibilities:
- Prepares insurance claims for submission to third party payors and/or responsible parties.
- Reviews claims for accuracy, including proper diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Reviews claim rejections and communicates with payors to resolve billing issues.
- Prepares and reviews routine billing reports. Recommends process improvements based on findings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Consistently exhibit value based behavior. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidence of patients, co-workers and guests.
- High Reliability: Adopt behaviors and techniques to prevent, detect and correct errors to eliminate harm to patients.
- HS or Equivalent--
- High School diploma or equivalent required Graduate of Health Information Technology or Health Information Administration program or equivalent in non-formal education and experience preferred and At least two years of medical health insurance billing with insurance follow up experience required. -- How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Physician Office Billing Specialist - Riverfront Cardiovascular, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!