Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk
Company: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 259925 Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk Saginaw, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk City, State:-- Saginaw,MI Location:-- St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr Department:---- Nurse Staffing 001 Additional Job Details:----FT Days--69 Hours Bi-Weekly This is a union position. 7a-7p with weekend and holiday rotation
-- About Us Based in Saginaw, St. Mary---s of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties. Job Description Job Summary: The Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk assists with basic patient care activities and performs administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area. -- Responsibilities:
- Assists with procedures and/or patient with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and/or transfers/transport.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members in person, telephone, and/or email.-- May receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, and handles general inquiries. Files, distributes mail and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Types various reports and documents for unit staff. Photocopies and distributes and/or files as necessary. May transcribe physicians' orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with the maintenance of supplies and equipment. May assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- HS or Equivalent--
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Work Experience:
- Health Unit Coordinator experience or certification; and/or hospital Nursing Assistant experience with ability to perform secretarial tasks. How To Apply Equal Employment Opportunity SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!