Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Job ID: 252762 Pathologist Assistant Detroit, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Pathologist Assistant City, State:-- Detroit,MI Location:-- StJohnHospital&MedCen - 34028 Department:---- Lab Pathology Anc 001 Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,Weekly Rotational shift and may work Saturdays and-- holidays. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Pathologist Assistant provides anatomic pathology services under the supervision of a pathologist . -- Responsibilities:
- Performs gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens for microscopic examination, holding and transport/shipment, ensuring proper identification and accessioning.
- Prepares specimens for cytological studies and maintains surgical and medical cytology reports.
- Assists with fine needle aspirations performed in Radiology and physician offices.
- Prepares cases for and assists with the coordination of cancer conferences.
- May assess and/or process frozen section laboratory specimens according to established histology laboratory policies.
- May perform, under the direction of a pathologist, postmortem prosection.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- American Society for Clinical Pathology certification required or registry eligible and must obtain ASCP certification within one year of hire date. American Association of Pathologist Assistants (AAPA) certification considered for those who obtained initial certification prior to 2009. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor's degree required, including courses in biological science, chemistry, and mathematics Successful completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accredited Pathologist Assistant program required Work Experience:
- Two years in a busy surgical pathology laboratory preferred. How To Apply -- Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Pathologist Assistant, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!