Coordinator - General Lab Operations
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Job ID: 252875 Coordinator - General Lab Operations Detroit, Michigan Regular Additional Job Information Title:--Coord-Lab Operations City, State:-- Detroit,MI Location:-- StJohnHospital&MedCen - 34028 Department:---- General Lab Anc 011 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Evening,--40 hours,Weekly 230PM-11PM Monday-Friday. Rotating weekends and holidays. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Coord-Lab Operations supervises the performance and reporting of all tests in done in the assigned division. -- Responsibilities:
- Monitors the department's daily work practices to assure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Performs financial activities, clerical and computer functions, staffing levels and competency of the division.
- Exercises responsible stewardship of finance and human resources. Ensures the department provides quality service to all customers.
- Oversees the department's operational functions to ensure optimal service. Participates in routine performance of procedures.
- Participates in operational meetings, quality initiatives and annual and episodic goals to improve the quality and service from the laboratory.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution and handles inquires and complaints, from external and internal customers.
- Performs all typical duties and responsibilities of laboratory personnel assigned to area of expertise, and performs laboratory procedures in area on regular basis to maintain expert abilities.
- Assists in development of and oversight of orientation, education, and training protocol for section associates. Conducts education and in-services, including assisting with performance management including preparing and delivering performance evaluations and competency testing.
- Required Credential(s):
- One of the following is required: MT (ASCP); MLS (ASCP); CLS (NCA) or Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS; certification as a medical technologist in a single lab discipline by either ASCP and NCA; HTL (ASCP); HT (ASCP). Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor---s degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry, and mathematics required, or post-secondary diploma (Canadian applicants) required Master---s degree in job-related discipline and/or specialty certifications or ASCP Special Qualification (or equivalent) in discipline strongly preferred Work Experience:
- 2 years of full-time clinical laboratory experience in respective specialty within the last ten years, including 1 year of progressively more responsible job-related experience. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Coordinator - General Lab Operations, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!