Medical Physicist - Seton West Branch
Company: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI
Posted on: October 25, 2018
Job ID: 263807 Medical Physicist - Seton West Branch Saginaw, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Medical Physicist City, State: Saginaw,MI Location: St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr Department: Seton West Branch Additional Job Details: FT Days 80 Hours Bi-Weekly Variable About Us Based in Saginaw, St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties. Job Description Job Summary: The Medical Physicist ensures the quality of care in the use of radiation-producing sources and imaging equipment, while protecting patients and staff from radiation. Responsibilities:
- Performs required calibrations on radiation therapy equipment. Recommends and justifies new equipment and products for the Radiation Therapy department.
- Conducts equipment performance reviews as needed and implements quality control procedures for imaging devices.
- Recommends radiation safety procedures to areas using radiation.
- Educates staff in radiation safety practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for quality and patient safety initiatives and regulatory agency compliance.
- Assists the Radiation Oncologist in performing brachytherapy procedures.
- Oversees and participates in treatment planning procedures.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Physicist credentialed from the American Board of Radiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's in Medical Physics required Doctorate degree preferred and One year experience in Medical Physics is preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Mary's of Michigan, MI, Saginaw , Medical Physicist - Seton West Branch, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!