Chief Nurse Manager Quality Safety Value (QSV)
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: December 10, 2018
The Chief of QSV is data-oriented; coordinates and provides oversight of programs through assessment and analysis of data to identify compliance issues; oversees efforts that assure the Joint Commission standards are monitored and actions are taken when needed to meet the standards; provides oversight to the organization's system plan for performance improvement to include education of staff. The Chief of QSV monitor's OIG Directives for compliance and ensures readiness for OIG review. The incumbent facilitates process
improvement teams, and assists in the analysis of data; advises leaders in the analysis of External Peer Review Program data as it relates to the VA Performance Measures.
The Chief QSV, demonstrates management expertise and a comprehensive understanding of clinical practice issues and assumes responsibility for development of assigned staff. The scope of the position encompasses practice of an executive nature that is comprised of complex managerial and administrative components associated with critical health care issues and activities that influence the organizational mission, health care and policy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Functions as Service Line Manager. Plans, organizes, and directs quality management services and programs within the Quality, Safety, Value Department, while networking with other departments and service lines to facilitate quality Veteran care.
- Assures the application of EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) principles.
- Participates in the process of obtaining educational resources conducive to professional growth and development of QM multidisciplinary staff.
- Assures all employees under his/her supervision validates competencies on an annual basis.
- Coordinates oversight, organization, development and implementation of plans to successfully undergo accreditation by JC and other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates, plans, implements and monitors quality improvement activities and performance measures.
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Monday through Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: Not a virtual position.
Functional Statement Title: Registered Nurse, Chief Nurse Manager, Quality, Safety, Value (QSV)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), previously known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- English Language Proficiency: RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4 - 5 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: . If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: .
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Saginaw , Chief Nurse Manager Quality Safety Value (QSV), Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!