Physical Therapist - Mary Free Bed at Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Back to Search Results
PHYSICAL THERAPIST - MARY FREE BED AT COVENANT
* Saginaw, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Covenant Therapy
* Full-Time - Days - 7am-5pm
* Therapy Services
* Posted: October 5, 2018
Apply Now Save Job Saved
Mary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through Rehabilitation.
Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every Generation
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient s need for physical therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs in accordance with the State of Michigan licensure and PT scope of practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program s strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
* Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
* Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
* Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
* Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
* A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Age and Clinical Specific Competencies:
Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned department. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department s policies and procedures. . The therapist shall be responsible to complete a competency based orientation at the time of hire, and all required training and competency assessments annually.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
* Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification or registration and as required by law and regulation.
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Evaluates patient condition.
* Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to physical therapist assistants and rehabilitation technicians as appropriate.
* Re-evaluates patient's status and effects of treatment. Revises treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and family as appropriate.
* Evaluates patient's need for medical equipment and orders the appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon delivery and instructs patient, patient's family and health care workers on its use.
* Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and communicating with patient, family, community support/services and environmental limitations.
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
* Documents patient's status and progress through initial evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
* Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy treatment with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of written records with other interdisciplinary team members to integrate physical therapy treatment plan.
* Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy procedures as part of providing patient and family education including written instructions as necessary.
* Attends various meetings and in-services as designated. (Q,P)
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (Q,S,P)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Graduate of Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet department/program protocol.
* Physical Demands
* The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients.
* The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
* The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision).
* The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds.
* The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving equipment.
* The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapy students. Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students. Communicates with participating universities regarding skill levels of students. (S)
* Participates in program development and/or research activities as assigned. (Q, G)
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q, P)
Therapy Manager for MFB at Covenant
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic. Share:
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Saginaw , Physical Therapist - Mary Free Bed at Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!