Nurse Care Assistant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Back to Search Results
NURSE CARE ASSISTANT
* Saginaw, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Covenant Nursing
* Full-Time - Night - 6pm-6am
* Posted: December 11, 2018
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Mary Free Bed at Covenant Health Care provides inpatient rehabilitation care for patients in the Saginaw and surrounding regions. Mary Free Bed Nursing Care Assistants working in this location have the opportunity to receive support from both organizations, and are expected to follow all applicable policies and procedures that apply to our work. In this job description, the term Nursing Department refers to all care and responsibilities that the nursing staff provide to the patients that we serve.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Nursing Care Assistants provide important patient care within the Nursing Department. Under the direction of the registered nurse assigned to each patient, this non-licensed team member assists with patient care and other department activities as outlined in this job description, and communicates effectively with the RN responsible for each patient. Work performed by each Nursing Care Assistant must support the mission, vision, and values of Mary Free Bed.
Age Specific Responsibility:
Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned department. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Quality Pillar of Excellence
* Patient Care The Nursing Care Assistant providesdirect patient care, as delegated by the RN and in accordance with this job description and applicable departmental policies and procedures. Patient care performed by a NCA includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Collects and monitors data and reports physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs of the patient and families as directed by and in coordination with the patient s assigned RN.
* Obtains and records vital signs, height, weight and other data as requested, using appropriate equipment and technique.
* Provides direct patient care including feeding, collecting urine and stool specimens, patient hygiene, recording intake and output, and other responsibilities as outlined in department policies.
* Acts as a safety attendant, as assigned, providing direct supervision under the direction of the RN to maintain the safety of the patient.
* May monitor patients via virtual monitoring system and utilize microphone headset to communicate effectively to monitor patients.
* Answers call lights in a timely, respectful manner.
* Documents care via computer/written patient record according to department policies, including content and timeliness of documentation.
* Provides input to the RN for use in an individualized plan of care for each patient
* Assists the patient and family in learning appropriate self-care techniques, within the scope of the Nursing Care Assistant.
* Ambulates, transports, and positions patients with proper body mechanics, applying o utilizing special equipment as necessary.
* Provides diversion activities, comforts and supports patients and their family members.
* Transports patients in a safe and timely manner to facilitate patient diagnostic testing and therapy sessions, as needed. Communicates with other team members in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
* Maintains the patient s living environment in a clean, safe manner.
* Cleans patient areas, work areas, and equipment, as needed. Communicates any equipment malfunctions to the Central Supply Department or Nursing Leadership Team, and removes equipment from patient care in accordance with department policies.
* Assists with collection of quality data, as assigned by the RN, Clinical Care Coordinator, or Nurse Manager.
* Demonstrates appropriate use of all patient care equipment, in accordance with departmental policies.
* Communication Each staff member in the Nursing Department is responsible to communicate in a timely, professional and respectful manner at all times. Responsibilities of the Nursing Care Assistant include, but are not limited to:
* Patients and their families or visitors are treated with kindness and respect.
* Customers, physicians, and other staff members are treated with kindness and respect.
* Maintains effective working relationships with employees throughout the organization.
* Each employee treats patient call lights as a primary communication method between the patient and the caregiver, and promptly responds to call lights, in person, as soon as possible.
* Delivers care in a manner that is culturally sensitive and preserves the dignity and rights of each patient. Deals discreetly and sensitively with confidential information, and follows all hospital policies related to protected health information.
Service Pillar of Excellence
* Customer Service Each Nursing Care Assistant is required to demonstrate excellent customer service standards and behaviors in all interactions with colleagues, patients, family members, physicians, and other customers. The Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior outlines expectations for performance in this area. This employee is responsible to understand how patient satisfaction is measured within the nursing department, the expectations related to customer service, and the action plans that are in place to improve the satisfaction of MFB at Covenant customers.
People Pillar of Excellence
* Employee communication The Nursing Care Assistantunderstands that communication with hospital and department leadership occurs in many ways, and that it is the responsibility of each employee to be aware of policy and practice changes.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Saginaw , Nurse Care Assistant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!