Posted on: January 9, 2019
We Are Hiring Occupational Therapist - Rehab Services General 001 - Part-Time,Weekend Options 48 Hours Bi-Weekly- St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MIWeekend Only position Why Join Ascension? Based in Saginaw, St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties. What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- All other duties as assigned.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree required Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program and None required. Equal Employment Opportunity SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Saginaw , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!