Physical Therapist - Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: July 11, 2019
SUMMARY We have the great privilege of helping patients and
families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work
and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation.
When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that
has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to
carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is
true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to
clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Mary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through
Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every Generation
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient's need for
physical therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs
in accordance with the State of Michigan licensure and PT scope of
practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing
education, evidence based research, and program development.
Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program's
strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of
Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the
following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G
(Growth), F (Financial).
* Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Evaluates patient condition.
* Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and
family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment
team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and
patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment
plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the
stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to physical therapist
assistants and rehabilitation technicians as appropriate.
* Re-evaluates patient's status and effects of treatment. Revises
treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and
family as appropriate.
* Evaluates patient's need for medical equipment and orders the
appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon
delivery and instructs patient, patient's family and health care
workers on its use.
* Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and
communicating with patient, family, community support/services and
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware
required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
* Documents patient's status and progress through initial
evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to
established internal/external time standards and adherence to
reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
* Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy treatment
with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of
written records with other interdisciplinary team members to
integrate physical therapy treatment plan.
* Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy
procedures as part of providing patient and family education
including written instructions as necessary.
* Attends various meetings and in-services as designated. (Q,P)
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not
limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working
with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (Q,S,P)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* Graduate of Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet
* Physical Demands
* The physical ability to lift, position, and transport
* The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist,
crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
* The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable
* The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally
lift in excess of 75 pounds.
* The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere
from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving
* The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally,
10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapy students.
Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students. Communicates
with participating universities regarding skill levels of students.
* Participates in program development and/or research activities as
assigned. (Q, G)
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q, P)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees in this
classification. If you require a reasonable accommodation to
perform the essential functions of this position, you must request
accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should
know of the need for accommodation.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Saginaw , Physical Therapist - Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!