Rehab Tech - Covenant IP Therapy
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: September 4, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has
been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Mary Free Bed at Covenant HealthCare provides inpatient
rehabilitation care for patients in the Saginaw and surrounding
regions. The Mary Free Bed Rehab Tech working in this location has
the opportunity to receive support from both organizations, and is
expected to follow all applicable policies and procedures that
apply to our work.
Mary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through
Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every Generation
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Assists therapists and therapy assistants in preparation and
treatment of patients receiving therapy services. Performs routine
tasks as assigned by therapists and therapy assistants.
* FOCUS ON PATIENT CARE. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
* CLINICAL VARIETY AND CHALLENGE. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
* FAMILY CULTURE. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small
* TRUST IN EACH OTHER. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers
can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients,
staff and community.
* A PROUD TRADITION. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
* Provides patient care as requested by therapist:
* Transports and transfers patients, observing safety precautions
and good body mechanics.
* Following competency testing, applies therapeutic modalities, as
assigned by the therapist.
* Carries out specific treatment activities under
direction/supervision of primary therapist or assistant.
* Monitors patient response to treatments, provides written/verbal
feedback to therapist and therapy assistants, and/or documents in
medical record with therapist review/signature.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work place:
* Acquires and replaces equipment and supplies in proper place
* Cleans and maintains equipment according to department infection
control policies and procedures.
* Maintains storage and inventory of equipment and supplies.
* Maintains adequate clean linen supply and changes linen in
accordance with established guidelines.
* Maintains treatment areas in a clean and orderly condition.
* Assists in maintaining charts, filing and retrieving records as
* Functions as patient advocate and maintains patient
* May order and maintain inventory as assigned.
* May supervise volunteers/support staff as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrated communication, grammar, organizational, problem
* Physical Demands: Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and
hear; to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work; to
frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling
position while performing patient care; to be independently mobile,
with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as
positioning and transferring of patients and equipment; must be
able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25
pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10
pounds of force constantly to move objects
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Saginaw , Rehab Tech - Covenant IP Therapy, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!