Food Service Worker
Company: Covenant HealthCare
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This position is responsible for being proficient in one or more of
the following positions: server, tray line, dish room, pots/pans,
delivery, deli, salads prep, and catering. This position is
responsible for promoting a team approach within the work
environment by assisting coworkers and demonstrating
self-initiative. Work assignments may vary as needed. This position
must be able to complete all assigned job tasks in accordance with
Food Safety Guidelines prescribed by the County Health Department
and ServSafe. Demonstrates excellent customer service in that
his/her attitude and actions are always consistent with the
standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of Covenant
and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
* Builds effective working relationships and a spirit of teamwork
within the work unit.
* Contributes to organization success targets for patient
satisfaction and net operating margin.
* Demonstrate appropriate customer service skills to greet and
communicate with customers, peers and leaders in a way that best
represents Covenant HealthCare and the Nutrition Service
* Resolves customer complaints.
* Accountable for work assignments to be completed in a timely
* Ensures accurate and timely delivery of quality food service to
all customers within Covenant HealthCare.
* Observes department policies and procedures.
* Observes and complies with all State Health Codes.
* Achieves high standards of sanitation and an organized and safe
work environment by following the County Health Food Code
* Follows routine daily cleaning schedules.
* Must be available and dependable for flexible scheduling of work
hours, weekends and holidays.
* Other duties as assigned. Server, Deli, Salads Prep, Tray Line,
* Follow recipes for correct portioning for caf--/patients.
* Handling and storing all food items and equipment according to
Health Inspection guidelines.
* Recipe utilization.
* Assist coordinators and manager to ensure efficiencies and safety
in procurement and use of food and/or inventory.
* Cleaning of floors, equipment and all work surfaces.
* Restocking food/supplies in cafeteria and kitchen.
* Assist with catering as requested.
* Responsible for tray delivery.
* Other Food Service Worker duties as assigned. Dish Room and
* Operating and maintain equipment for proper working and according
to Health Inspection guidelines.
* Use proper procedures for washing/sanitizing all dishes.
* Cleaning of floors, equipment, and all work surfaces. *Passing
and picking up trays.*
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
* Ability to use od operate kitchen equipment including dish
machine, ovens, tray line, etc.).
* Ability to meet time deadlines to complete job tasks.
* Ability to accept and adapt to change.
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrates ability to interact with hospital patients and their
* Customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with
the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Constant standing, walking, twisting, reaching, handling,
fingering, talking, hearing, and smelling.
* Constant near, midrange and far vision, depth perception and
field of vision.
* Constant lifting 0-10 lbs.
* Frequent lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, climbing, and
* Occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
* Occasional lifting 11-100 lbs.
* Waiting period may apply
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Plastic shield at work stations
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%2699702%
Keywords: Covenant HealthCare, Saginaw , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!