College IT Infrastructure & Security Co-op
Company: Means Industries.
Posted on: February 6, 2020
Job Description About you: Are you someone who enjoys having
elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Do you
enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with
task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then
this may be the position made for you. What you'll do:
- Establish system controls by developing framework for controls
and levels of access, recommending improvements.
- Maintain access by providing information, resources, and
- Ensuring authorized access by investigating improper access,
reporting violations, monitoring information requests by new
programming, recommending improvements.
- Establish computer and terminal physical security by developing
standards, policies, and procedures, coordinating with facilities
security, recommending improvements.
- Safeguard computer files by performing regular backups,
developing procedures for source code management and disaster
preparedness, recommending improvements.
- Develop security awareness by providing orientation,
educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in
- Analyze computer code to search for potential breaches in
- Investigate suspicious activity on servers and networks to
figure out where potential threats are. What we're looking for:
- A student pursuit of their bachelor's degree with 1 year
completed in computer science, information technology security, or
- Someone who is capable of thinking outside the box to identify
how attackers may compromise security.
- Be able to work well in small teams to design and plan security
systems and monitoring.
- Have strong written and oral communication to communicate plans
and threats to Security and Risk Lead.
- An understanding of or experience with email filtration, backup
solutions, DLPs and/or CASB, Cisco ASA and endpoint auditing and
monitoring, Office 365 security and compliance, and IDP (ADFS, AAD
Connect, or similar). Who we are: Means Industries, headquartered
in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high
value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established
in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration
through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means
TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives
everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality
innovative technology solutions for our global customers. For more
information about our company and to apply to this position, please
visit our website (). Means is a division of Amsted Industries (),
one of the world's largest transportation component manufacturers.
Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the
rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general
industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent
employee-owned companies in the United States. Means supports and
cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work
environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company,
Means' desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering,
transformative technologies within the automotive industry. With a
high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop
through diverse work experiences and quality training
opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and
supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in
their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your
direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status. No agencies.
Keywords: Means Industries., Saginaw , College IT Infrastructure & Security Co-op, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!