Avista Nursing and Rehab -
I. PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to direct visitors
and phone calls and perform clerical support in an efficient manner
in accordance with established procedures, and as directed by your
II. JOB FUNCTIONS (others as assigned)
Efforts have been made to make your job description as complete
as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical
assignment to the position.
A. Administrative Functions
1. Receive and follow reception schedule/instructions from your
supervisor pursuant to established policies and procedures.
2. Operate paging/telephone system as required.
3. Answer telephone, determine nature of call and direct caller
to appropriate individual or department.
4. Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
5. Maintain a current file/listing of residents by name and room
number, emergency phone numbers of on-call personnel, department
extensions, key personnel, etc.
6. Receive requests from within the facility and locate
personnel through paging system.
7. Give directions/information to visitors, guests, residents,
sales representatives, etc.
8. Reports suspicious persons/information to supervisor
9. Ensure guests/visitors abide by existing rules and refuse
admission to persons as directed.
10. Assist with administrative duties as directed.
11. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment
throughout the facility.
12. Greet visitors. Direct to appropriate office and/or resident
13. Receive, sort, and distribute mail as directed.
14. Operate copier, office machines, etc., as directed.
15. Assist department directors in administrative matters.
(i.e., typing reports, correspondence, etc.)
16. Monitor presence and location of sale representatives in the
17. Present a positive image of the facility to all customers,
such as job applicants, families, and the community.
18. Deal honestly, openly, and directly at all times with all
Seniors' and Facility personnel, expressing your views in a
B. Safety and Sanitation Functions
1. Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when
operating office equipment.
2. Assure resident safety.
3. Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your
supervisor as soon as possible.
4. Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions to your supervisor
C. Resident Rights Functions
1. Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent resident care
information to assure resident rights are protected.
III. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and
B. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during
C. Is subject to frequent interruptions.
D. Works beyond normal working hours, week-ends and holidays,
and on other shifts as necessary.
E. Attend and participate in continuing educational
F. Is subject to pressure from multiple/emergency calls.
G. May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances,
contaminated articles, etc., including the potential exposure to
the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus.
H. Communicates with nursing and other department personnel.
I. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, visitors, etc.
J. May be required to assist in the evacuation of residents.
A. Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
A. Must have at least six (6) months of experience in a
receptionist or secretarial position, or successfully completed a
secretarial science program from an accredited school/college.
VI. PERSONAL, INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATIONAL
A. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
B. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during
C. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
D. Must be a minimum of 18 years if age of age and of good moral
E. Must possess a cheerful personality and be able to work
harmoniously with other personnel.
F. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
G. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
H. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with other