Hope Network Behavioral Health Services (BHS) provides a full
range of services for persons with severe and persistent mental
illness and/or individuals with emotional well-being needs to
achieve a maximum level of independence, community integration, and
satisfaction with life. Our continuum of care stretches across the
state assisting persons with intensive and varying acuity needs.
Whether someone needs 24 hour therapeutic supports, personal care,
community living support, benefit and service brokering, brief or
short-term counseling, or any of our many community services, our
behavioral health team is there to serve. We do all of this because
we believe every person can be more, can do more, can go further
than anyone ever imagined. We help people overcome.
The Clinical Services Line Manager is a key associate at Hope
Network whose primary responsibilities include: Oversight and
overall management of one or more clinical programs. Meeting
performance targets set by the Leadership Team related to services
provision, quality assurance and fiscal viability. Plan, organize,
and direct service provision, protect the rights of persons served,
develop and maintain budgets, allocate resources, assess and
document the progress of persons served, facility expanded program
and community resources. Hire, train, coach and mentor direct care
staff so that consumers receive care consistent with their personal
plans and goals. Must have a high degree of personal integrity,
generate positive energy and make a difference every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended
to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by
1. Implement program goals, creating a recovery model of
progressive care and ensuring an adequate and focused
individualized treatment modality.
2. Embraces the concept of Recovery by providing a stable and
safe environment and support the engagement of meaningful
3. Monitor program quality daily using designated checklists,
audit tools and engagement.
4. Participate, as requested, in Person-Centered Planning
meetings, oversee the implementation of the consumers
individualized treatment plan, evaluated effectiveness of treatment
plan goals and interventions, and make recommendations to case
manager concerning amendments, as needed.
5. Manage the provision of community living supports and
personal care services which include, but are not limited to, the
engagement of consumers in problem solving, skill training, and
6. Monitor emergency crisis protocols according to accepted
crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinate with other
services, as needed.
7. Maintain quality assurance protocols evidenced by: facility
records audit, physical facility audit, facility vehicle audit,
resident chart audit, claims verification audit, and external
audits. In-service personnel around compliance requirements
specific to service area and client related documentation.
8. Oversee monitoring procedures to detect compliance problems
and take adequate steps to correct any identified compliance
problems and prevent the recurrence of such problems in the
9. Performs any other function deemed appropriate and assigned
by the supervisor.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) Bachelor
2. Fully licensed Mental Health Professional LMSW, preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience.
2. At least one year prior employment experience in a human
service area or business field.
3. Prior experience in mental health or rehabilitation setting
4. Familiar with Integrated Care and Duel Diagnosis Treatment
5. Knowledgeable about Stages of Change, Trauma Informed Care,
Seeking Safety, Family Psycho Education.
6. Maintain a valid motor vehicle operator license with driving
records acceptable according to Hope Network policy.
1st Regular Full-Time