Supplier Development Manager
Company: Merrill - Michigan Facilities
Posted on: June 2, 2021
- Shift: We have openings on the day and night
- Hours: 45-50 or more hours as needed to meet
obligations and deadlines. Salaried position.
- Travel: Extensive; travel to
customer and supplier locations.
As a Supplier Development Manager you are responsible for
identifying, qualifying, auditing, and determining approval
potential of all suppliers for the various business groups of
MERRILL Collaborate with appropriate personnel from the different
business groups to identify specific supply chain needs and then
seek the best resources to satisfy those needs. Oversee negotiation
of supplier terms and conditions as identified and requested by
MERRILL senior management. Perform predetermined and periodic
audits of approved suppliers, identify and drive areas of
improvement, and report findings to MERRILL Management, quality and
purchasing managers of each business unit.
- Work with purchasing to identify and develop suppliers.
- Facilitate sourcing selection strategy, determine eligible
suppliers, coordination of all sourcing processes, i.e. capability,
- Perform supplier production readiness reviews.
- Present supplier reports to MTG management.
- Manage monthly supplier performance and report out monthly to
management, quarterly to the entire supply chain.
- Investigating supplier concerns along with external customer
concerns that are supplier driven, implementing corrective action
and validating the root cause as needed for all supplier related
- Maintain an SNR log and continuous improvement system to
resolve supplier issues to prevent recurrence.
- Travel to suppliers and or customers when required for problem
solving and containment activities, supplier improvement, etc.
- Working knowledge of GD&T with the ability to interpret
dimensional layouts and evaluation of production parts, samples,
and prototypes as required by the quality system.
- Proactively investigate ways to improve the supply chain.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition
of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and
responsibility as it relates to all supplier related issues.
- Work with suppliers to assure the proper usage of measurement
instruments on their production floor is in place.
- Ensuring that the MTG business units have the best possible
resources to accommodate their outsourcing needs.
- Ensuring that our supplier base is continuous improvement
minded, cost competitive, and capable of consistent on-time
- Engage, audit and recommend out sourcing providers.
- Stop work with any supplier that cannot or will not comply to
the outsource needs of MTG and its business units
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related
experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education
- Five (5) years of experience working in associated field and
ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing processes in a
machining, fabricating and assembly environment.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Has Quality System understanding particularly ISO and AS
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints, interpretation of
GD&T, Root Cause Analysis, SPC, and Six Sigma.
- Good time management practice and well organized, able to
prioritize own work, able to set and achieve goals, inspirational
ability, exceptional writing ability, team first mentality, with
high level of confidence.
- Preferences: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical Degree
in Quality, or Quality certification. Experience with DFAR, ITAR,
and MIL STD. Supply Chain Management, CPIM or CPM.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Six Sigma
Keywords: Merrill - Michigan Facilities, Saginaw , Supplier Development Manager, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!