Company: Saginaw ISD
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Openings as of 5/7/2021
- K-8 Music Teacher (Shared Time) JobID: 1844
- Position Type:
Elementary School/Middle School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Carrollton Public Schools
- Date Available:
2021-2022 School Year
Carrollton Public Schools - EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CARROLLTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
K-8 MUSIC TEACHER (Shared-Time Program)
2021-2022 School Year
SUMMARY OF POSITION: A caring, certified elementary school
teacher, with knowledge of, and experience in, teaching music,
using the holistic approach to learning. The teacher shall
understand and be able to apply principles of cooperative learning
and have an understanding of the Michigan Standards of Quality.
REPORTS TO: Shared Time School Principal
COMPENSATION: As per Carrollton Public Schools Shared Time School
- Must have in depth understanding of elementary school
- Must be certified by the State of Michigan as an elementary
teacher with music endorsement
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have experience working with at risk students and their
- Must receive a satisfactory response to P.A. 189 Letter.
- Must satisfactorily pass: Law enforcement background check with
- Personal and professional reference background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work cooperatively with teachers, students and
- Ability to develop and implement a strong curriculum to
kindergarten school aged children using the state mandated
- Shall have a strong understanding of child development and know
how to adapt lessons to meet individual student instructional
- Ability to keep all student and parent information
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in working with student,
parents, other staff members, and community members who visit the
Schools facilities or programs.
- Ability and willingness to lead activity programs for
- Must be able to lift and assist students when necessary.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office
including Excel, Word and Power Point preferred.
- Must be proficient in using the Internet for research.
- Shall be of good character with high moral and ethical
- To ensure a safe environment for students at all times.
- To meet and greet visitors in a positive, helpful manner.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job
- Ability to follow through on commitments.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the building
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Act of
1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the
policy of the Carrollton Public School District that no person
shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or
ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, or marital status be
excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be
subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service
or in employment. For information, inquiries, or to file a
complaint, contact the Superintendent of Carrollton Public Schools
at PO Box 517, Carrollton, MI 48724. (989) 754-1475
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Saginaw ISD, Saginaw , Music Teacher, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!