Supervising Clinician - BC (Behavior Consultant)
Company: Centria Autism
Posted on: July 13, 2021
Centria Autism is the largest provider of
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
for children with Autism
Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
across the state of Michigan, with services in 10 other
states. Our mission is to help every child living with autism
to develop, pursue and achieve their own goals and dreams through
high-quality ABA Therapy and support.
The Supervising Clinician will provide support to individuals
and their families by coordinating and providing Applied Behavior
Analysis, function analyses and assessment, behavior acquisition
and reduction procedures, and adaptive life skills. This position
is considered a leadership role within Centria. The ideal candidate
will be able to develop a client's treatment plans, as well as
supervise Behavior Technicians, to implement such programs.
Behavior Technicians will rely on their BCBA to assist them in
overcoming challenges and answering questions about their day to
day client interactions. Solid communication skills and openness to
feedback are necessary. The Supervising Clinician should be
organized and self-sufficient to perform in this role
Success measures include clinical outcomes, client retention,
behavior technician engagement and retention, and overall team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clinical oversight to clientele to drive compliance and
retention to achieve optimal outcomes. (50%)
- Conduct initial and six (6) month assessments, which recommend
the clinically appropriate number of hours per week.
- Work with parents to achieve the number of hours necessary for
the best outcomes for the client.
- Manage and maintain full productivity targets as indicated by
center or home-based model.
- Retain 100% of your clients with an NPS of 8 or higher and 50%
response rate quarterly.
- Complete and submit all documents the same day as the work
performed. Must be in by Sunday night at midnight to count
for the following week.
- Train, manage, and retain a team of Behavior Technicians who
directly report to you. (20%)
- Conduct a pre-case open meeting with each Behavior Technician
to initiate training on the client's Treatment Plan before services
- Provide one hour of supervision/ten hours that the Behavior
- Conduct monthly team meetings with Behavior Technicians to
increase training and engagement.
- Retain a minimum of 90% of Behavior Technicians quarterly.
- Engage parents in ABA therapy to improve client outcomes (10%)
- Conduct monthly family engagement sessions with the
- Ensure parent involvement in treatment planning and goal
- Keep parents constantly up to date on the client's progress, as
well as treatment planning changes and therapy hour
- Develop child-specific behavior plans in accordance with the
principles of ABA therapy. (10%)
- Monitor and adjust behavior plans throughout the treatment
period in accordance with the child's progression.
- Submit supervision notes daily at the end of each session.
- Attend corporate meetings and training as scheduled. (5%)
- Participate in weekly team meetings with your Clinical Director
and fellow Supervising Clinicians.
- Attend Clinical Summits to earn CEUs and hear company
- Conduct monthly group technician training.
- Continue training and education to advance knowledge and
learning in the field of ABA.
- Promote the growth of Centria Healthcare and assist in the
pursuit of business opportunities. (5%)
- Build relationships with current referral sources.
- Comply with all necessary payer requirements to drive referral
This role is responsible
- Leading and maintaining staff by orienting, and training
- Ensuring the daily functions of the team are completed by
communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and
appraising job results;
- Managing, coaching, and developing a high performing team that
meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results,
added value, and continuous improvements;
- Consistently promoting high standards through personal example
and roll out through the team so that each member of the team
understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
Key Fiscal Responsibilities
This role has no budgetary control or financial oversight
These guidelines can be used to make a list of qualifications
required (or preferred) to perform the job successfully.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university in
acceptance with BACB guidelines, including specifically
- Meets state-specific guidelines for a mid-level provider
- Completion of 750 hours of supervised fieldwork/practicum
- Meets state-specific guidelines for a mid-level provider
- 1 + years working with children and autism spectrum
- Previous supervision experience, preferred
- Crisis management experience, preferred
Equipment and Technology Experience
- G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google Meet)
- ABA Platforms, preferred
- iPad, preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- ABA clinical knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to synthesize a
variety of clinical and social data to determine an appropriate
diagnosis, treatment plan and monitor effectiveness of treatment
- Ability to effectively engage in one to one communication with
parents and clients;
- Expertise in tracking and ensuring clinical outcomes, progress,
and maintaining a high level of compliance;
- Ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and hands-on
- Proven experience and understanding of customer service;
- Works well in a collaborative environment and builds mutual
trust and credibility at all levels of the organization;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with
clients, internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivated
to achieve business goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior skills in time management, observation, and data
- Proven strong work ethic with attention to detail, accuracy,
Minimum Competency Requirements
An initial assessment of competency will be completed during the
interview period and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to use computers and computer/software programs
- Communication skills
The options below best characterize the nature and level of
interactions with other people in the course of performing this
- Frequent interaction with supervisor, senior leaders, and other
The option below best characterizes the level of decision making
exercised in performing this job.
- Will collaborate closely with direct leader relative to
approval on decisions of significance
- Occasionally making decisions without prior approval from
- Centria's office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am –
6:00 pm, with primary hours conducted after school hours (3:00 pm –
- The work location will vary by client case and include home,
community, or center.
- Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete
the above work or meet company objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be
exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior,
which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The
team member may have to use appropriate behavior management
techniques with a client under such circumstances. Such a response
requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically
evasive movement. The team member will be required to stand, walk,
sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type, and
write. The team member will also be exposed to normal office
conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer,
copiers, files, etc. The team member must be able to independently
push, pull, lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to
thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include near, far, and field of vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description
is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated
with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time, with or without written notice.
Keywords: Centria Autism, Saginaw , Supervising Clinician - BC (Behavior Consultant), Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!