Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist - CPO (10k Sign-On Bonus)
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 10, 2022
A Certified Orthotist Prosthetist is a healthcare professional who
is specifically educated and trained to manage comprehensive
orthotic and prosthetic patient care. This includes patient
assessment, formulation of a treatment plan, implementation of the
treatment plan, follow-up and practice management.Essential Job
- Assessment of patients with impairment of human movement or
musculoskeletal abnormalities that would impede their ability to
participate in their social environment or other activities in
order to determine a functional intervention. Produces
Orthotic/Prosthetic devices as prescribed by the referring
- Formulation of a treatment plan, with other health care
providers as prescribed by the referring physician based upon a
comprehensive assessment to design an intervention to alleviate
limitations and enhance function.
- Implementation of the orthotic and/or prosthetic treatment
plan, and overseeing certified assistants.
- Utilization of a follow-up treatment plan that ensures
successful orthotic and prosthetic outcomes.
- Compliance with practice management plans to develop and
document policies and procedures to ensure patient protection which
includes, but is not limited to:
- adherence to applicable local, state and federal laws and
- maintaining a safe and professional environment for patient
- comprehension of claims development and submission
- Maintains mandatory education requirements.
- Adherence to ABC Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Follows charting procedures and maintains records; completes in
a timely manner according to department policy.Essential Job
Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with Upper and lower limb
prosthetics, Cranial, Spinal, upper and lower limb orthotics, for
pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in orthotics and prosthetics for a
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) accredited program OR a Bachelor's degree or higher in any
major along with a post-graduate orthotics and prosthetic
certificate from a CAAHEP accredited program
- Certification by the American Board for Certification in
Orthotics and Prosthetics (CPO) or Board of
- Physical Demands: The physical ability to lift, position, and
transport patients; to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel,
twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb; to hear, speak,
write and see (correctable vision); to frequently lift up to 75
pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds; to
occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere from 1 to 100+
pounds while assisting patients and moving equipment; to exert up
to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force
frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Saginaw , Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist - CPO (10k Sign-On Bonus), Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!