Access Advance Practice Provider Mary Free Bed at Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary:The Access Advance Practice Provider will be admissions
and medical support to the admissions office. This leadership
position will be responsible for reviewing inpatient referrals,
performing consults, and finalizing the admission of patients to
the inpatient unit at the assigned host hospital(s). This position
will provide a pro-active consult service to targeted hospital
systems in the host hospital or service location(s). This position
will provide direction to ensure that all medically appropriate
patients have access to Mary Free Bed. The Access Advance Practice
Provider will work in conjunction with the Medical Director to
establish best practices for admission processes with the goal of
achieving census and admissions targets.
Age Specific Responsibility:Must be able to demonstrate the
knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the
age of the patients served in assigned department. Must demonstrate
knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the
patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed
to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her
age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in
the department's policies and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Actively promotes the services of the host hospital in a
positive manner to the professional community and the community at
- Responsible for admissions and ADC targets at assigned
- Reviews referrals and consults and screens for medical
necessity for inpatient programs.
- Rounds at local hospitals to provide support for therapy and
- Assists in assigning patients to medical service based on
diagnosis through communication with attending inpatient
- Provide feedback to referring physicians on admission criteria
and reasons for acceptance or denial.
- Review insurance denials when necessary.
- Ensure proper patient admission coverage - supports both
physician and liaison functions.
- Monitor acute hospital census and help prioritize patients to
be screened/consulted on for admissions to the program.
- Work with admission department on process improvement for safe
and timely patient transfers.
- Leads tele - consult initiative for inpatient
evaluations.Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and
- Certified and licensed as a nurse practitioner or physician
assistant by the State of Michigan.
- Experience in rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and measurement, and
demonstrated ability to monitor and improve quality of care.
- Ability to market the host hospital's inpatient rehabilitation
and Mary Free Bed Network to key physician leaders and groups.
- Proficient in public speaking, presentations and
- Physical Demands: Ability to work long hours dealing in
challenging and stressful situations, and the ability to drive and
- Excellent problem solving and initiative.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications
- Networking activity to promote inpatient rehabilitation through
committees and organizations.
- Experience working with payers on denial reviews.
- Knowledge of clinically related standards and requirements of
the State, Joint Commission, CARF, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Customer Service Responsibilities:Demonstrate excellent customer
service and standards of behaviors as well as encourages, coaches
and monitors the same in team members. This individual should
consistently promote teamwork and direct communication with
co-workers and deal discretely and sensitively with confidential
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and InclusionEmbrace Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, togetherResponsibilities in Quality
Improvement:Contributes by identifying problems and seeking
solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible;
participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer
Location: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital - Covenant
Schedule: Full-Time, Days, Monday-Friday 8-5pm; every 6th weekend
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Saginaw , Access Advance Practice Provider Mary Free Bed at Covenant, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!