Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for purchasing and negotiating
production and raw materials from vendors, and evaluates vendor
quotes and services to determine most dependable and cost effective
suppliers. S/he works closely with the team to identify and service
customer demands, such as cost reduction strategies, new business
growth initiatives, and quality and delivery improvement.
BRI - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Researches products, prepares purchase orders and places
orders, and selects vendors
- Organizes product information, and tracks back orders
- Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent
with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency
- Studies market trends, interviews vendors, and recommends
sources of supply
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers,
and schedules deliveries.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for
- Occasionally sends RFQ for Raw Material Inventory with new and
existing suppliers according to requests from Material Coordinator
- Prepares purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review
requisitions for materials/supplies and services.
- Maintain Approved Supplier List documentation such as Supplier
Questionnaires and Certifications as applicable.
- Confers with suppliers on critical Purchase Orders to ensure
prompt deliveries as applicable and adjusts delivery dates based on
- Verify bills from suppliers to ensure proper payment as
- Work with other purchasing personnel to generate monthly
reports such as Raw Material Savings (Ti/SS), Key Supplier Score
Cards, Open PO's status, etc.
- Participate in inventory reconciliation including cycle
counting and yearly physical inventories
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
occasionally assists in the development and implementation of
mitigation plans related to these issues
- Frequently participates in daily production meetings
- Occasionally reviews catalogs, industry periodicals,
directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with
other department personnel to locate necessary goods and
- Selects vendors on the basis of price, capability, and past
performance following departmental guidelines and commodity
- Maintains and reviews computerized or manual records of items
purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and
- Confers with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or
unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective
- Implement CIPs (Cost Improvement Projects) and PPV (Purchase
Price Variance) opportunities in order to meet annual variance
- Occasionally analyzes the requirements of the commodity,
including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier and date
commodity as needed.
- Perform tasks in M2M related to purchasing activities (i.e.
item master, purchase order, vendors, purchasing reports, RFQ,
- Occasionally draft and route procurement specification changes
and updates via established document control system
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1+ Years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, or sourcing
(Required), 3+ Years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, or
sourcing (Preferred), Experience in E-sourcing (preferred),
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
Bachelor - Supply Chain, Business, or Related Field Required, ,
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Communication (Working Experience), Computer Knowledge (Working
Experience), External Resource Management (Working Experience),
Influence (Basic Knowledge), Negotiating (Basic Knowledge), Problem
Solving (Working Experience), Project Management (Basic Knowledge),
Strategic Planning (Working Experience), Strategic Sourcing
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role
routinely moves about the facility to check-up on team members'
progress and frequently operates a computer or other machinery as
- Ability to work flexible work schedule as required to meet the
demands of the business.
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Saginaw , Senior Buyer, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!