Company: Pediatrix Medical Group
Posted on: July 27, 2022
GREAT LAKES, BAY REGION Excellent opportunity for a full-time
neonatologist to join a practice that emphasizes a team approach!
Pediatrix - Medical Group is offering an exciting career
opportunity for a fifth full-time neonatologist to join our team at
Covenant Medical Center in Saginaw, Michigan. Our highly
specialized neonatologists emphasize a team approach to neonatal
care that covers 17 counties in mid-Michigan. All
board-certified/eligible neonatologists, including experienced
providers, newly graduated fellows are encouraged to apply! About
the opportunity The 54-bed, Level-III NICU cares for approximately
35-40 patients a day and is supported by a broad range of pediatric
subspecialists. In this role, the neonatologist will primarily:
- Assess critically ill neonates and administer comprehensive
patient care using HFV, nitric oxide and whole-body cooling.
- Attend occasional high-risk deliveries, which are generally
attended by neonatal nurse practitioners (NNPs).
- Participation with pediatric residency programs with teaching
and research opportunities
- Multiple lovely communities, and great schools, all within
driving distance of Saginaw
- Stipend opportunity available for first, second and third year
fellows. Inquire for additional details.About the offer: Sign-on
bonus and more! In addition to a generous salary and an attractive
benefits package that can be tailored to your individual needs,
this leadership position offers:
- A sign-on and retention program.
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Continuing education accreditation.
- Long-term employment with growth opportunities.
- Access to research, quality-improvement, and safety
initiatives. About the team
- A nurse-led transport team provides coverage to multiple
level-I and level-II hospitals in the region.
- An in-house NNP provides 24-hour coverage, with an on-call
neonatologist on standby.
- A dedicated core group of respiratory therapists is available
- Clinicians also care for approximately 60% of the patients in
the well-baby nursery.
- Neonatologists enjoy a block schedule allowing for work life
- Compassionate family centered group of providers Additionally,
academic affiliation to Central Michigan University is offered to
all neonatologists. About Saginaw A cornerstone of Michigan's Great
Lakes Bay Region and the birthplace of legendary singer Stevie
Wonder and tennis pro and four-time Olympic gold medalist Serena
Williams, Saginaw is approximately 90 minutes from Detroit. The
area is home to a vast system of waterways and woodlands, as well
as a wealth of nature preserves, trails and facilities that support
a love for green spaces while also inspiring active lifestyles. The
Bay Area is home to several universities, excellent schools and The
Dow Chemical Company. The area also features recreational
activities, including Dow Gardens, Dow Event Center and
minor-league hockey and baseball. Saginaw offers a rich and diverse
culture. One of the gems of this bustling town is the riverfront
district, which offers many activities, places to live and
educational opportunities. It's no wonder Saginaw is a wonderful
place to live, work and raise a family! If you're an experienced
neonatologist or newly graduated neonatal fellow, we'd like to
visit with you! Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require
all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19,
unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious
exemption. Benefits Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation
package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation
and tuition reimbursement. *Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital
credentialing*These benefits are for full time employees, employees
in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for
some of these benefits. Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices
operating as Pediatrix - Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the
nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for
women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated
clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated,
compassionate and clinically excellent services across the
continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based
practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal
medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric
subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care
clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered
by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and
safety initiatives. Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38
states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care
of the patient -. We invite you to join the Pediatrix - family and
help shape the future of health care for women, babies and
children. Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Pediatrix Medical Group, Saginaw , Neonatologist, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!