TRANSPORT ASSISTANT - Full-time, Day Shift
Company: Covenant Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2022
FULL TIME BENEFITED
This Transport Assistant position is Full-time Day shift with
Benefits. The role of the Transport Assistant includes transporting
patients and medications to and from multiple hospital departments.
The Transport Assistant demonstrates excellent customer service
performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times
consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and
Values of Covenant and the commitment to providing Extraordinary
Care for Every Generation.
- Has clinical and social contact with patients, including all
- Transports patients' equipment, specimens and the delivery of
pharmacy medications to the various departments and Nursing Units
in a safe and timely manner.
- Uses proper body mechanics in transport of all patients and
- Uses proper technique in handling and transporting IV poles,
oxygen, catheters, medications, and other patient equipment.
- Assists in transferring patients on and off stretchers,
wheelchairs, and exam table.
- Answers phones, transfers messages, and performs filing and
other clerical duties.
- Fills oxygen tanks as needed.
- Routinely cleans equipment such as stretchers and
- Initiates repair orders for any broken or malfunctioning
- Assists with answering call lights, passing waters, and linens
in designated work area.
- Returns equipment to designated areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a health care environment
- BLS Heartsaver required within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues and
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with the
ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching,
handling, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision,
far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision
and field of vision.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional sitting, carrying, climbing, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, crouching and squatting.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a
latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities.
Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an
applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on
Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be
an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Keywords: Covenant Healthcare, Saginaw , TRANSPORT ASSISTANT - Full-time, Day Shift, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!