Company: New Hope Valley Assisted Living & Memory Care
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*NHIL OPERATIONS, LLC*
*POSITION DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS*
*FLSA: *Non Exempt
*REPORTS TO: * Chef / Kitchen Manager
*SUMMARY OF DUTIES: *
An employee in this position is responsible for the safe handling
of foods and preparation of meals for residents in a Independent
living environment. An employee in this position works under the
supervision of the Chef / Kitchen Manager.
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Prepare food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance;
follow government safe food handling regulations; determine food
requirements for meal preparation including variety and quantity of
food and assembling supplies and equipment needed for food
* Prepare and follow written menus and recipes to obtain proper
yield of foods and avoid food waste.
* Evaluate food based on nutrition, methods of preparation, taste,
appearance, portion size, serving and storage temperatures; ensure
food items are dated and rotated properly with utilization of
leftovers when appropriate; disposal of spoiled or unattractive
* Work with Chef / Kitchen Manager on food preparation and
presentation, evaluating new recipes, menu planning and completing
documentation for required reports as directed by the Chef /
Kitchen Manager; alert Chef / Kitchen Manager of any incident,
problem or concern regarding a resident.
* Understand and be able to prepare menus/foods for special events
and residents with restricted/special diets.
* Receive and store food deliveries properly; work closely with
Chef / Kitchen Manager to ensure all food items needed are in stock
for the planned menu.
* Responsible for proper operation and cleaning of food service
equipment; perform regular cleaning as established by community's
policies, procedures and sanitation guidelines; maintain
cleanliness and sanitation of work area, kitchen, equipment,
storage areas and walk-in cooler and freezer; report to Chef /
Kitchen Manager any equipment in need of repair.
* Assist care staff in serving residents in dining room at meal
times; develop and maintain an open relationship with residents of
the community through regular interaction, encouragement and
* Practice appropriate safety, environmental, and infection control
procedures; conscious of proper food storage.
* Become familiar with location of community's Disaster Manual and
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and the reporting system
specified in the Right to Know policy.
* Excellent attendance, timeliness in reporting to work, and
discussion of all absences, injuries and illnesses with Chef /
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
*POSITION REQUIRMENTS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES*
* Knowledge of principles and practices of food preparation and
safe food handling, especially relating to quantity preparation,
nutrition, taste, appearance, storage and serving temperatures and
special dietary guidelines in accordance with federal, state, and
* Knowledge of proper operation of food service equipment and
guidelines relating to kitchen and food equipment sanitation and
personal protective equipment.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations to determine
ingredients and serving portions.
* Commitment to quality of food service including preparation of
attractive, delicious and well- textured food items.
* Good multitasking and prioritizing skills including ability to
meet deadlines, solve problems, act independently and carry out
oral and written instructions; ability to react quickly and
decisively in the event of an emergency.
* Affinity for seniors and genuine care regarding their well-being
with an ability to maintain appropriate attitude and conduct for
the welfare of residents; compassionate; demonstrate an
appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the resident
and an understanding of their rights, the aging process and
diseases of the elderly.
* Present an open, positive, and professional image to all
residents, visitors, co-workers and general public by displaying
general warmth and kindness in a friendly, courteous and respectful
manner at all time and under all circumstances.
* Display honesty, integrity, dependability and ability to work as
a team member, possess good interpersonal skills and maintain a
positive attitude toward employment; ability to communicate
effectively and appropriately and maintain confidentiality of
resident information in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
* Reliable transportation to work with flexibility to work on any
day of the week, any designated shift.
* Ability to identify own personal strengths and weaknesses and
discuss with supervision.
* Satisfactory references, background check, drug screen,
pre-employment physical and current PPD(or chest x-ray) for
*EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE*
* High School or GED equivalent.
* Experience, education and/or training in food service/culinary
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT *
* Work is performed in a residential community setting and may
involve exposure to unusual elements such high noise levels,
extreme temperatures (e.g. heat from hot ovens, grills, ranges and
cold from walk-in coolers and freezers), and smoke.
* Manual dexterity to peel, cut, and prepare variety of foods; keen
sense of smell and taste.
* Speaking and hearing are required to perform job
responsibilities; reading/writing; understand directions and
* Specific vision abilities required include color, close and far
vision acuity, depth perception and ability to adjust vision
* Employee must be in good physical health and have the ability to
climb, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, sit, lift, grasp,
perform repetitive motions involving bending, twisting, stooping,
pushing, pulling, fingering, wrist motions and foot operations;
ability to stand for an extended period of time without significant
rest period; possess the strength/stamina to lift more than 50 lbs.
I certify that I have read and understand the job
responsibilities\* assigned to this position
EMPLOYEE NAME PRINTED
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
\*This job description is intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the employee(s) of this job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities
and activities required of this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Referral program
* 1 year
* Casual dining restaurant
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Saginaw, MI 48603: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: New Hope Valley Assisted Living & Memory Care, Saginaw , Cook, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!