Combo Truck Operator - Saginaw, MI
Company: Badger Daylighting
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure
Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America's largest provider of
non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the
hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our
truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to
incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and
future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking
dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit
www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Operators to operate our custom and
purpose built commercial Hydrovac trucks!
Salary: Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly with the
* Full availability and understanding to work variable hours
averaging between 30-70 hours weekly depending on slow and peak
seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
* Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
* Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed
in a safe and professional manner.
* Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck
and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and
general maintenance of the equipment to ensure the unit operates at
* Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation
projects including utility line exposure, debris removal,
trenching, and digging, using a high-pressure wand to loosen the
soil and a vacuum system to remove the debris or build-up.
* Communicate effectively, professionally and demonstrate a strong
customer service focus in all interactions.
* Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
* Use Badger provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing, time,
* Properly document all Badger, Federal, State, and Customer
paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear
and legible manner.
* Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck, or other related
industrial experience preferred.
* Must have a minimum CDL A or B license, with an acceptable
* Experience driving a manual transmission (10-18 speed)
* Tanker endorsement required.
* OSHA10 safety certification is required. (If applicant does not
hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based
training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of
hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
* Safety certifications preferred (e.g., First Aid/CPR, Fall
Protection, Confined Space).
* Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in
all types of weather conditions.
* Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
* Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
* Skills in operating heavy equipment and machines proficiently and
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment
screening, which may include criminal background check, MVR history
and a drug test.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective
bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to
join the union as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Badger Daylighting, Saginaw , Combo Truck Operator - Saginaw, MI, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!