Document Control Specialist I
Company: Tech Providers Inc.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Title: Document Control Specialist I
Duration: 6 months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
Location: -Location: Saginaw, MI. - This is a virtual position. the
candidates must be Michigan based as they will be required to
travel to different sites for meetings as needed.
Will be working with -physical records and will be required to
travel to different sites around MI where these documents are
Working with large backlog of physical data -
Working with attributes and metadata -
ProjectWise experience preferred
Unifier experience preferred
Document control experience- any industry experience will be
Attention to detail
Document Controllers manage and oversee documents for projects.
They ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all
data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and
any retention policies are followed.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working
well both independently and in teams.
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of engineering
drawings and records associated with Gas Compression projects and
- Act as the subject matter expert for project document
control/records management on assigned projects
- Manage assigned work and project files which include drawings,
specifications and other technical documents in both construction
and final design stages that require processing and technical
- Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and
other crucial project documents are collected and registered in the
proper system of record.
- Perform advanced work in several areas of
specialization/discipline that requires independent
- Interpret and analyze a wide variety of technical problems and
issues on engineering drawings and construction project
- Perform a variety of technical tasks: participate in providing
cross training to personnel at the sites, make confident decisions
in support of the Projects and Plant to resolve daily issues as
- Provide weekly updates and/or progress reports to management
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of drawings in
ProjectWise which is used for tracking metadata and storage of
engineering documents to assure configuration management.
- Communicate with Project Managers and Engineers to assure that
support required is being provided.
- Update incoming vendor documents through ProjectWise
Deliverables Management to assure the latest revisions of drawings
and documents are available to all Site and Office
- Responsible for an administrative review of all drawings prior
to issuing for record.
- Responsible for reviewing new drawing revisions prior
transmitting issuing for record, issue new drawing numbers as
- Check for adherence to our procedural requirements per
standards & checklist
- Verify accuracy and completeness of documents
- Configuration Management (Revision Control)
- Active participant in project meetings
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager upon request
- Background and experience in Document Control/Records
Management and related Technical Support preferably with
- Ability to manage and prioritize work successfully
- Ability to read drawings
- Strong communication skills ability to report to levels
- Attention to detail
- Experience with creating and using Microsoft products and other
- Some college coursework in communication, drafting computer
science or a related field preferred.
Keywords: Tech Providers Inc., Saginaw , Document Control Specialist I, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!