Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- Department: Security
- Schedule: Part Time, Rotating shifts
- Hospital: Ascension St. Mary's
- Location: Saginaw, MIBenefitsPaid time off (PTO)Various health
insurance options & wellness plansRetirement benefits including
employer match plansLong-term & short-term disabilityEmployee
assistance programs (EAP)Parental leave & adoption
assistanceTuition reimbursementWays to give back to your
community*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary
by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.ResponsibilitiesProvide security services
to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to
potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and
- Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding
alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans.
- May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to
promote safety.RequirementsLicensure / Certification /
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor
Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Michigan Concealed Pistol License obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American
Red Cross accepted.
- Law Enforcement preferred.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior credentialed from the
Management of Aggressive Behavior Training International, Inc.
- Security Professional preferred.Education:
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable
cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used
in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.Additional
PreferencesNo additional preferences.Why Join Our TeamAscension
Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare
facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate
associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated
to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and
improves the health of the communities we serve throughout
Michigan.Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national
health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of
care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living
communities in 19 states.Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass
everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give
back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community.
Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to
enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal
Employment Opportunity EmployerAscension will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or
expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic
information, carrier status or any other legally protected status
or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. For further information, view the
EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.E-Verify
Keywords: Ascension Health, Saginaw , Security Officer-Armed, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!