Company: Caravan Facilities Management
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Position: Cleaner/JanitorMon-Fri 2nd shift - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Seeking professionals individual looking for a challenging career
with a GROWING company! We have opportunities for professional
advancement where personal development is encouraged!
- LARGE stable company
- Opportunity for professional GROWTH
- Promote from within AND Part-time Opportunities
- Integrated management system
- Training and Development
- Fast pace environmentSummary:Keeps premises of buildings in
clean and orderly condition.Some Essential Duties and
Responsibilities May Include: -
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators,
stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Responsible for deep cleaning restrooms and breakrooms.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor. Potential operation
of floor care equipment.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, metal
workings and trim.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
Steam-clean or shampoo carpets if necessary.
- Dusts furniture and equipment including high-low dusting.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork as well as windows, door
panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans other waste
receptacles. Assists in large trash removal based on facility and
transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Aids in minor maintenance duties such as replacing light bulbs,
- Provides exterior maintenance as needed i.e. grass cutting,
snow removal, de-icing, minor landscaping.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
- Provides set up and breakdown of events such as tables and
chairs or office furniture.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually
or by using hand trucks
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare
cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Dispose of materials based on hazard requirements.
- Respond to spills or facility damage timely to avoid
operational down time.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical
appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or
additions to building operating systems.
- Follow all quality standards and processes.
- Other duties may be assigned.Key Qualifications:
- Safety knowledge
- Prioritize work
- Customer ServiceEducation and/or ExperienceLess than high
school education; or up to one month related experience or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Communication SkillsAbility to read and comprehend
simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
organization.Customer Service SkillsAbility to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed but noninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations. Positive attitude to
promote successful team environment and strong work ethic and sense
of integrity.Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this
Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The
employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.ABOUT
- SAFETY is our OVERRIDING Priority!
- Quality Standards
- Customer Satisfaction and Service
- Environmental Awareness
- Minority owned company!
Keywords: Caravan Facilities Management, Saginaw , Cleaner/Floater, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...