Patient Scheduler - Pediatrics
Company: CMU Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Pediatric Patient Scheduler is responsible for supporting
the needs of the pediatric department, receiving and directing
patients/visitors to appropriate locations, phone call encounters,
scheduling visits, recording insurance and demographic data. - A
Patient Scheduler must exhibit a friendly and helpful affect
towards parties within and outside the corporation. - All duties
are based on clinical operations needs as directed by the
Operations Manager.Scheduling Responsibilities - - -
- Schedule appointments, for both clinic and procedures, using
protocol established within the department
- Conduct "reminder calls" to ensure patients arrive for
appointments and are on time.
- Call patients to reschedule if they no-show for an appointment,
particularly if they are high risk.
- Answer multiple incoming phone calls and open electronic phone
- Register basic patient demographics using protocol established
within the department
- Back-up surgery scheduler
- Effectively monitor and manage care teams, ensuring appropriate
- Change appointments for patients and communicate with other
health professionals about changes to preparation.
- Work in emergency appointments and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Record Maintenance and Quality Control
- Records shall be maintained in a
manner that is accurate, current and secureOutside documents via
transfer of an OB/GYN patient will be scanned and filed in
patient's EMR -
- Public Service, Problem Solving and Legal Compliance. Employee
will ensure that:
Phone calls should be triaged to
appropriate parties and/or information gathered in response to
requests from patients, insurance companies, other physician
offices and the likePatient release forms for incoming and outgoing
records (as per legal guidelines ROI) are completedMaintain that
patient confidentiality be the utmost importance - -WORKING
ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Prolonged sitting, word processing and
telephone operations. - Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Distracting, active office environment. -OTHER DUTIESThe above
description provides a brief overview of the essential duties,
responsibilities, qualifications, and requirements. - It should not
be construed as all encompassing. - Additional duties may be
assigned or deleted as needed.
Minimum of high school diplomaStrong
knowledge of medical terminologyAttention to
detailMedical/Pediatric background preferredProficient in the use
of computers and scheduling software or ability to learn applicable
software. Clerical and office support work coupled with
keyboarding, and computer proficiency.Proficient written and verbal
communication skills with multicultural sensitivity.CMU is an AA/EO
institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including
minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with
Keywords: CMU Health, Saginaw , Patient Scheduler - Pediatrics, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...