PATIENT SAFETY TECH RT
Company: Covenant HealthCare
Posted on: November 4, 2019
The Patient Safety Technician is a member of the Resources Team and
will be expected to strive to achieve the highest standards of
excellence every day, demonstrating exemplary Covenant values and
amazing flexibility. This position works under the supervision of a
Registered Nurse. The major focus of responsibility for this
position is to provide patient observation, companionship and
assistance with specific patient care needs for the assigned
patient(s). Duties include a variety of tasks including some direct
patient care to enhance the comfort and satisfaction of the
Demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her
attitude and actions are consistent with the standards contained in
the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare and the
commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
* Provides commitment to unsurpassed level of customer service.
* Provide constant, alert observation of one or two patients
assigned. The patient(s) may be confused, combative, verbally
abusive, suicidal, etc. Care may include preventing the patient
from wandering away, getting out of bed, pulling out tubes,
removing dressings or medical/surgical restraints, etc.
* As directed by the nurse, will assist with specific tasks on
assigned patients only, such as simple feed patients, encouraging
fluid intake, assisting the patient with walking in the room,
assist with mouth care, assist to the bathroom, offer urinal and
* Maintain orderliness of patient room and bedside.
* Change linen on an unoccupied bed. Assist nurse in changing
* Observe and report intake and output.
* Provide water for the patient as appropriate.
* Prepare the patient for transportation as directed by the
Registered Nurse; this may include lifting and transferring
* Assist the nurse during procedures by holding the patient in
* Participate in diversional activities with the patient, as
instructed by the nurse.
* Seek clarification and/or assistance from the nurse responsible
for the patient if concerns arise regarding care or safety of the
* Accompany patient as appropriate on transfer.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma required.
* BLS certification required or obtained within 60 days of hire or
*Prefer college student pursuing healthcare career or candidate
with healthcare background.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES * Demonstrated knowledge and
understanding of the Close Observation and Virtual Monitoring
Policy at Covenant HealthCare.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work well with the public and able to be tactful
in hectic and stressful situations.
* Sound judgement in handling confidential or sensitive issues and
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with
the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Frequent, standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, twisting, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking,
hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth
perception, visual accommodation, color vision and field of
* Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting,
* Occasional lifting up 26-100 or more lbs.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR
IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT COVENANT HEALTHCARE CANNOT PROVIDE A
LATEX SAFE OR LATEX FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT AT ANY OF ITS FACILITIES.
UNFORTUNATELY, THAT MEANS THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL, INCLUDING AN
APPLICANT OR AN EMPLOYEE, IS LIKELY TO BE EXPOSED TO LATEX WHILE ON
COVENANT S PREMISES. THEREFORE, LATEX TOLERANCE IS CONSIDERED TO BE
AN ESSENTIAL FUNCTION FOR ANY POSITION WITH COVENANT.
Covenant HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Covenant HealthCare, Saginaw , PATIENT SAFETY TECH RT, Other , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!