Company: Means Industries
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals.
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste program.
- Support the Company's Goals and Objectives, including reporting
- Keep production areas in ideal state to meet and or exceed 5S
- Assign work responsibilities to employees.
- Build team member capability.
- Create a conducive work environment for employees to complete
their assigned responsibilities / tasks.
- Maintain and enforce required safety standards on plant
- Ensure that production requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures and the collective
agreement are adhered to by employees.
- Use strong Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis to take
- Execute administration of supervisory responsibilities and
documents (e.g., timekeeping, production reporting, etc.
- Quality requirements: Authorized to make decisions concerning
- Develop and implement effective training programs for new team
members and recurring training for previously qualified personnel
consistent with departmental objectives.
- Assists with on-going cycle counting inventory of supplier
product and finished goods materials
- Maintain production equipment and machinery in proper operating
condition through utilization of the Maintenance and Tooling
- Must be willing to work any shift and periodic weekend
- Other duties required.Work RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the
workforce, its suppliers and customers.
- Must have a positive, proactive and problem solving
- Must be able to read a blueprint.
- Must be familiar with using a CMM.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Kronos or a similar timekeeping
system.EducationBachelor's Degree preferred.Experience5+ years of
experience in a fast paced, automotive stamping environment.Working
ConditionsEssential Mental Functions
- Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business
- Well-organized, with the ability to handle multiple
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs in a dynamic
- Ability to present instruction one-on-one and in a classroom
- Able to work independently and within a team.Essential Physical
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing,
lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50
- Usage of a computer and other productivity machinery such as a
SAP hand held scanner and control panels.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required.Means
Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global
automotive supplier of high value transformational
propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means
continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business
units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our
passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain
committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions
for our global customers.For more information about our company and
to apply to this position, please visit our website
(www.meansindustries.com).Means is a division of Amsted Industries
(www.amsted.com), one of the world's largest transportation
component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in
products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive,
construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the
largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United
States.Means supports and cultivates creativity through a
collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing
innovation at all levels of the company, Means' desire for progress
and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative
technologies within the automotive industry.With a high level focus
on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse
work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is
experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where
employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee
owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the
business and be part of its success (US Only).Means offers a
comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision,
401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with
contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement
package.Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. No agencies.
Keywords: Means Industries, Saginaw , Production Supervisor, Professions , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!