Maintenance Supervisor (1001)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2019
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Role: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor provides overall planning and supervision for installation, maintenance, alteration, replacement and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities.
McBain, MI / McBain Power Station
Essential Job Functions
* Plans, schedules, and provides overall supervision for maintenance work related to mechanical and electrical equipment and piping systems including, but not limited to, turbines, generators, pumps, motors, compressors, valves, electrical controls and high voltage circuit breakers.
* Initiates immediate repairs resulting from forced outages, communicates status to plant chain of command.
* Oversees and coordinates activities of the Electrical department in compliance with applicable labor agreements and FLPR personnel policies and procedures.
* Assist in planning, developing, and scheduling major maintenance activities including overhauls, replacements and installations.
* Coordinates maintenance activities with other station sections and FLPR support personnel.
* Reviews and evaluates the need for tools, parts and materials for electrical and mechanical maintenance work.
* Responds to emergency or unanticipated electrical or mechanical maintenance requirements outside work hours.
* Responsible for arranging on-the-job training of maintenance personnel in accordance with established programs.
* Approve maintenance activities within the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance. Recommend action on maintenance personnel matters.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Thorough knowledge of all plant systems and understanding of process diagrams, simple electrical diagrams and operating instructions.
* Extensive knowledge in the installation of mechanical and electrical equipment in a generating station.
* Ability to use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations.
* Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and take direction from others.
* Ability to work overtime, as well as, any schedule including nights and weekends.
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel, and use tools.
* Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Occasionally required to climb or balance.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or marine) and five (5) or more years of relevant experience or
* High School Diploma (required) plus nine (9) years of relevant experience
* Five (5) years of experience as an electrical and/or maintenance supervisor
* Must have demonstrated technical ability in the operation and maintenance of systems.
* Must have in-depth knowledge of power generation, power generation equipment and technology.
Working Environment (Indoors 80% Outdoors 20%)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel, and use tools. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, and heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
ENGIE North America Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using the Apply Online button below. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may mail your resume to our address: ENGIE North America Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 1900, Houston, TX 77056.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Saginaw , Maintenance Supervisor (1001), Professions , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!